It's a sprawling folder.
A retired gynecologist from Val-d'Oise, Doctor T., now around 70 years old, is accused by 130 patients of having committed rape and sexual assault during his consultations, Le Figaro told
. parquet floor of Pontoise, confirming information from RTL.
An investigation was opened in September 2013, and the doctor in question was indicted in July 2014.
Read alsoA second rape complaint filed against a Parisian gynecologist at Tenon hospital
Since then, out of the 10,800 patients identified, nearly 7,465 women have been contacted by the investigators.
118 lodged a complaint with the gendarmes, “
in addition to other complaints which were lodged directly with the investigating judge
”, specifies the prosecution.
The man is now banned from practicing his profession and has been placed under judicial supervision.
He was last heard by the investigating judge on January 5, 2021.
Long and complex investigations
It is a long-term investigation that is far from over. “
The extraordinary number of complainants necessarily led to very long and complex investigations
”, explains the prosecution, specifying that three years were necessary for an expert gynecologist-obstetrician to assess the damage of the complainants and carry out a first forensic expertise. . A work during which “
each complaint was analyzed with regard to the elements of the medical files and the statements of the gynecologist under investigation
”, we are told.
, the lawyer for four complainants, Me Franck Lévy, affirmed that there was "
objectively no room for doubt
" concerning the facts of rape, considering that it is "
impossible to qualify what is
'has passed a gynecological examination
,' according to the forensic report in the file.
According to our information, Doctor T. should again be heard by the investigating judge during the first quarter of 2022 concerning 43 other complainants.
Investigations carried out on letters rogatory as well as forensic expertise had in fact made it possible to highlight 43 new facts, of which the investigating judge was seized in October 2021 by the public prosecutor.