The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Ukraine governor describes alleged phone call: "The entire Russian battalion refused"

2022-05-16T04:14:06.150Z

Ukraine governor describes alleged phone call: "The entire Russian battalion refused" Created: 05/16/2022, 06:04 By: Cindy Boden The fight for eastern Ukraine continues: Ukraine is now making statements about its control of Luhansk. In addition, reports of tapped phone calls make people sit up and take notice. News ticker. Escalated Ukraine conflict: According to a governor, Ukraine still cont



Ukraine governor describes alleged phone call: "The entire Russian battalion refused"

Created: 05/16/2022, 06:04

By: Cindy Boden

The fight for eastern Ukraine continues: Ukraine is now making statements about its control of Luhansk.

In addition, reports of tapped phone calls make people sit up and take notice.

News ticker.

  • Escalated Ukraine conflict:

    According to a governor, Ukraine still controls ten percent of

    Luhansk

    .

  • According to the Ukrainian general staff, Russia

    plans to send up to

    2,500 reservists to Ukraine

    .

  • This

    news ticker on the military situation in the Ukraine war

    is continuously updated.

Despite heavy Russian attacks in the Ukraine war, according to the regional governor, the Ukrainian army still controls around ten percent of the eastern Ukrainian region of Luhansk.

In particular, the Russians have not been able to take the outskirts of the cities of Rubishne, Sievjerodonetsk and Lysychansk so far, Serhiy Hajday said on Sunday (May 15).

Moscow said last week that pro-Russian separatists, with the help of the Russian army, had advanced to the administrative borders of Luhansk just eleven weeks after the war began.

Hajdaj called these statements "fantasy" at the time.

In the Donetsk region, also in eastern Ukraine, three civilians were killed and 13 others injured in Russian attacks on Sunday, according to the regional administration.

Ukraine War: British speak of Russian army suffering heavy losses in river crossing

Meanwhile, near the village of Bilohorivka, Russian forces have been trying unsuccessfully to cross a river for three weeks.

According to the governor of the Luhansk region, Russian troops suffered heavy losses of soldiers and equipment.

From intercepted telephone conversations, the Ukrainian side allegedly learned "that an entire Russian battalion refused to attack because they saw what was happening."

Aerial photos showed dozens of destroyed armored vehicles on the riverbank, as well as wrecked pontoon bridges.

The British Ministry of Defense said the Russian army suffered heavy casualties after Ukrainian forces repulsed their attempt to cross the river.

The maneuver speaks "for the pressure under which the Russian commanders are to advance their operations in eastern Ukraine".

You can read reports on negotiations in the Ukraine war in this news ticker.

Ukrainian soldiers patrol a recently recaptured village north of Kharkiv in eastern Ukraine.

© Mstyslav Chernov/dpa

War in Ukraine: Russia apparently plans to send up to 2,500 reservists

In addition, the question always comes up as to who else Russia and President Vladimir Putin are sending to Ukraine.

As

Kyiv Independent

wrote on Twitter on Sunday evening, Russia is planning to send up to 2,500 reservists to the neighboring country.

At least that's what the Ukrainian General Staff reports.

The new recruits would be trained on various training grounds in Russia.

(dpa/AFP/cibo)

Source: merkur

All news articles on 2022-05-16

Similar news:

You may like

News/Politics 2022-05-13T08:55:42.428Z
News/Politics 2022-05-31T02:56:08.663Z

Trends 24h

News/Politics 2022-06-25T21:19:10.648Z
News/Politics 2022-06-26T05:07:17.687Z

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy