The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Bac Nord de Marseille: the prosecution finally gives up appeal

2022-06-27T05:32:00.250Z

The general prosecutor's office of Aix-en-Provence has officially waived its appeal against the judgment of April 2021, which ended with seven acquittals and eleven suspended sentences.



There will be no second trial of the Bac Nord de Marseille.

The general prosecutor's office of Aix-en-Provence has officially waived appeal against the April 2021 judgment which ended with seven acquittals and suspended sentences for 11 defendants.

Read also

BAC nord

: "

This film tells us, we little cops, at the height of the bitumen

"

"

After having carried out a new examination of the incriminating and exculpatory elements for each of the defendants and analyzing the motivation for the contested decision, the general prosecutor's office has decided to withdraw the appeals

", the general prosecutor's office told AFP on Saturday. from Aix-en-Provence, confirming information from France Bleu.

"

As a result, the judgment rendered by the Marseille Criminal Court becomes final

," he said.

Acquisition, possession and transport of narcotics

After two weeks of hearing, in a judgment rendered on April 22, 2021, only eleven of the eighteen police officers prosecuted had received prison sentences, from two months to one year suspended.

Prosecutor André Ribes had however requested sentences of one to three years in prison, including six months for ten of the eighteen defendants.

No release had been requested.

In May 2021, the Marseille prosecutor's office then took up appeal, in a "

targeted

" way, for 12 police officers out of 18 in total.

Only were concerned by these calls some of the facts alleged against the former police officers of the anti-crime brigade of the northern districts of Marseille who were the subject of acquittals.

Read alsoThe Kallisté city, symbol of Marseille's urban bankruptcy

The prosecution had notably appealed the release pronounced for the alleged theft of 9000 euros from a dealer arrested with thousands of euros in small bills in his car, on August 31, 2012, in the Font-Vert city.

The eighteen former “

baqueux

” had been tried for acquisition, possession and transport of narcotics, but also for various thefts, of money, narcotics or cigarette cartons.

At the time of the events, ten years ago, the public prosecutor of Marseille, Jacques Dallest, had spoken of "

gangrene

", accusing these police officers of "using themselves

on the beast

", of "

taking their tithe

" from the dealers and resellers on the sly that they controlled in the estates.

Barely a few weeks after the end of the trial, this Bac Nord affair in Marseille was released on the big screen, with

Bac Nord

, directed by Cédric Jimenez.

The film had been presented out of competition at the Cannes Film Festival a few weeks earlier.

Shot before the trial and its judgment, the film adopted the line defended by the police officers in question, according to whom these excesses were only the result of the policy of figures maintained by their hierarchy.

Source: lefigaro

All news articles on 2022-06-27

You may like

Life/Entertain 2022-02-18T14:32:01.754Z

Trends 24h

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy