The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Thought the gun was not real? The arrest of the suspect in the murder of Yosef Yosefia has been extended by seven days Israel today


According to the suspect, he did not try to shoot the deceased's wife or any of the grandchildren, contrary to the police's claim. the apartment

He claimed to have found the gun at sea - and compared to the person who handed it to him:

Tel Aviv Magistrate's Court Judge Christina Hilu Assad extended the detention of Petah Tikva resident, 71, suspected of murdering his father-in-law, the late Yosef Yosefia, about seven weeks and a half ago According to the suspect, after he shot Yosefia, he tried to shoot himself - and not the wife of the deceased or any of the grandchildren, according to the police.

Yosef Yosefia, 60, was shot dead last weekend in Ramat Gan.

The police investigation revealed that the groom's father arrived at the bride's parents' house and was waiting for the father, who was praying at a nearby synagogue at the time.

When it came to his house an argument began between them, in which he asked to see the two grandchildren.

At first the murdered man refused, but a few minutes later he relented and the two went upstairs.

According to the suspect, in the elevator, where the argument between the two resumed, the murdered man told him that he would not see his grandchildren, and asked him to leave.

The suspect then pulled out the gun, which he allegedly found in the sea, and fired several bullets at him.

The suspect in court, Photo: Gideon Markovich

Contradictions in his claims

Today (Monday) in court it was alleged by the suspect that he thought the gun was not working, and that he did not intend to kill Joseph.

He claimed that this happened during a physical confrontation between them, and when he saw that he was injured - he decided to kill himself, and the bullet hit the door of the apartment.

Contrary to his claims, in recent days the suspect has been confronted with the person who allegedly handed him the gun, and in a confrontation between the two he claimed that he did not even know that it was a real gun.

As stated, in all, Judge Hilu Assad extended the suspect's detention for another seven days, after ruling that there was a reasonable suspicion that the suspect had committed what was attributed to him.

At the end of the hearing, defense attorney Guy Maimon told Israel Today: "The investigation is progressing.

There is support that was not intended to murder or harm the wife of the deceased or any of the grandchildren - things are completely unfounded.

As for the main suspicion - things will continue to be investigated.

My client's version has been supported by the evidence, and we must wait for the investigation to end. "

Defense counsel for the suspect, Adv. Guy Maimon, Photo: Gideon Markovich

Were we wrong?


If you found an error in the article, we would love for you to share it with us

Source: israelhayom

All news articles on 2022-06-27

You may like

Trends 24h

News/Politics 2022-08-08T23:25:52.335Z
News/Politics 2022-08-08T09:55:42.060Z


© Communities 2019 - Privacy