The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Tsz Wan Shan St. Wende Primary School Fire Alarm Suspected Utility Room Exhaust Fan Short-Circuit Over 100 Teachers and Students Evacuate

2022-07-07T09:24:09.982Z

A fire broke out at St. Wende Catholic Primary School in Tsz Wan Shan at about 2 pm today (7th), and a utility room on the 3rd floor suddenly burst into flames. The firefighters responded to the scene and opened their throats to rescue them, and finally put out the fire.



A fire broke out at St. Wende Catholic Primary School in Tsz Wan Shan at about 2 pm today (7th), and a utility room on the 3rd floor suddenly burst into flames.

The fire department responded to the scene and opened the throat to rescue the fire, and finally put out the fire.

About 130 teachers and students evacuated by themselves during the incident, and no one was injured.


The school was on fire, and firefighters opened their throats to put out the fire.

The scene is Tsz Wan Shan St. Wende Catholic Primary School on Ninghua Street.

The incident happened at about 2:40 this afternoon. Neighbors found a fire in a room on the third floor of the school, so they notified the school.

Lin Weicai, the principal of St. Wende Catholic Primary School in Tsz Wan Shan, told Hong Kong 01 that the school staff immediately went upstairs to check when they received the notice from the neighbors.

Principal Lin continued that because the school did not have lunch arrangements, but the school had extracurricular activities in the afternoon, about 100 students stayed in the school to prepare for later extracurricular activities. The school immediately followed the fire drill procedure and evacuated the students to the school's open-air basketball safe location on the field.

He pointed out that the room involved in the fire was a utility room of about 200 square feet, which was used to store students' books, students' gifts and sundries.

After receiving the report, firefighters rushed to open the throat and sprayed water to put out the fire. Finally, the fire was put out at 3:04. After investigation, it was suspected that the short circuit of the exhaust fan wire caused the accident.

No one was injured in the fire, but Principal Lin lamented that the gifts prepared for the students and placed in the room involved were burned in the fire, and it was a pity.

Afterwards, the school also informed parents to pick up students from school to go home.

Source: hk1

All news articles on 2022-07-07

You may like

Trends 24h

News/Politics 2022-08-11T21:50:55.125Z
News/Politics 2022-08-12T06:57:04.159Z

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy