The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Eleanor died after a month of coma, her family claims: she was cleaned with acetone and burned | Israel today

2022-08-16T15:05:24.653Z

Eleanor was a member of a Facebook group for cleaning patients, where users share tips for cleaning the house • According to her cousin Ronit, following the group, Eleanor decided to clean the kitchen with acetone - which led to her death • Now Ronit wants to warn: "Be careful when you give advice to others, not any material that is possible Clean with it is safe"



Can cleanliness kill?

In the Facebook group "cleaning patients" a post appeared about the death of Eleanor Havani Shimoni, after she cleaned the counter in the kitchen with acetone while a pot was cooking on the gas - and the fumes ignited. 

Earlier, a statement of mourning was published in the group for Eleanor's passing, but it was only stated that it was a serious tragedy, and that it is always necessary to be careful with cleaning products and read their instructions.

However, it is not stated what happened to Eleanor and how the message is related to her death. 

The mourning message published in the group,

Afterwards, Ronit Golan, Eleanor's cousin, uploaded a post to the group telling the story of her unnecessary death.

According to Ronit, Eleanor was cleaning the counter in her kitchen with acetone, while a pot of food was cooking on her stove.

This cleaning method, on the advice of a group member, caused the Hutton vapors to ignite - and Eleanor with them.

She was badly burned and was sedated and ventilated for a whole month until she passed away. 

"The group gives advice on dangerous cleaning agents, which not everyone knows how to use," said Ronit in a conversation with Israel Hayom.

"Some of these substances are active, and can cause dangerous vapors or a fire, as in the case of my cousin - the acetone evaporated and caught fire because of the stove. It's terrible, and I wanted to warn others. To explain that not every substance that can be cleaned with is safe." 

were we wrong

We will fix it!

If you found an error in the article, we would appreciate it if you shared it with us

Source: israelhayom

All news articles on 2022-08-16

You may like

News/Politics 2022-04-27T04:00:20.358Z
News/Politics 2022-06-07T08:04:49.593Z

Trends 24h

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy