The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Minute by minute: Watch the reconstruction of the movements of the suspect in the murder of Yuri Volkov Israel today


In a video from security cameras, Adi Mizrahi can be seen from the moment he left his house, through the fatal meeting with Volkov and his partner, until he returned home and the alleged attempt to disrupt the investigation.

Tomorrow (Thursday) the prosecutor's office will file an indictment and a request for detention until the end of the proceedings against Adi Mizrahi, 23 years old from Holon, who is suspected of murdering Yuri Volkov. 

In the investigation, the investigators were able to reconstruct his movements from the moment he left his home on the day of the murder at 18:27, and the arrival two minutes later with the scooter to the intersection where he encountered Volukev and his partner.

Also, his return home after the fatal stabbing in the heart of the deceased and the disappearance of the evidence taken by him and his associates.

In a frontal interrogation conducted by the investigating officers at the Mol Mizrahi District Court, three days after the murder, he confessed to them about the act and told about the moment he stabbed Volokov.

Lena, Yuri Volkov's widow.

She took a picture with her cell phone, photo: Dovrot Ichilov

The funeral of Yuri Volkov.

He turned to the suspect and asked "what happened", photo: Gideon Markovich

Mizrahi left his house on the evening of the murder in order to join his partner who had gone to the vet earlier to vaccinate their puppy.

According to the police findings, he arrived at the Yoseftal-Eilat intersection in Holon, crossed the crosswalk with the scooter he was riding and stopped at a red light, when the deceased and his partner crossed the road.

While standing at the intersection and waiting for the traffic light to change, Mizrahi noticed that his partner was pointing a cell phone at him and taking a picture of him.

The victim and the partner then split off in different directions at the intersection.

The suspect drove from the intersection on the opposite route towards the partner and started arguing with her while driving after her on the scooter.

Volkov, who noticed what was happening, approached the two, turned to the suspect, asked "what happened" and asked him to leave the scene.

The suspect in response pulled out a sharp tool, stabbed his partner once in the heart and fled the scene.

Volkov collapsed, was taken with CPR to Wolfson Hospital, where the doctors had to pronounce him dead.

The moment it was decided to make an arrest

From the reconstruction of the suspect's movements by the investigation team, it emerged that after the stabbing, Mizrahi traveled through Ayalon South to the area - to collect a debt from a person who owed him money.

From there he came to the Jaffa area to meet his friend and then returned home, where, according to the estimate, he realized from the news sites that the person he stabbed had died from his wounds.

Within minutes he arrived at the house of his friend Mizrahi, a resident of Jaffa, and left the place.

According to the suspicion, the friend from Jaffa, the suspect and his partner then went to his house to ask for help getting rid of the scooter he was using at the time of the stabbing.

Another friend of the suspect was asked to help him buy a new cell phone and bring turpentine to his house to erase unique marks on the motorcycle.

A few hours after the murder, in the morning hours, police forces were deployed near the suspect's house on Yatbata Street in Holon.

Around 4:00 p.m., the suspect was seen leaving the house, pushing his scooter out of the yard, starting it, putting a helmet on the seat and getting back inside the house.

Two men on a scooter arrived at the scene, one of them got off and took the suspect's scooter.

Volkov's stabbing moment.

He pulled out a knife, stabbed and fled, photo: security camera footage

Adi Mizrahi in one of the arrest evaluations.

They asked for help getting rid of the scooter, photo: Gideon Markovich

At this point, in order to prevent the scooter - one of the main pieces of evidence of the murder - from disappearing, it was decided by the IMR command to arrest the two suspects with the scooter, and to take them into custody at the suspect's home. During the arrest, the suspect's dog bit two detectives and they were forced to shoot at her and injure her, when one of them sprayed The shot slightly scratched the suspect's partner. 

The suspect was detained for questioning and his detention was extended from time to time.

In addition, a number of his associates were arrested for questioning on suspicion of aiding after the fact.

were we wrong

We will fix it!

If you found an error in the article, we would appreciate it if you shared it with us

Source: israelhayom

All news articles on 2022-12-21

You may like

Trends 24h

News/Politics 2023-03-30T00:49:09.973Z


© Communities 2019 - Privacy

The information on this site is from external sources that are not under our control.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.