The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Balcony fire by Advent wreath

2022-12-26T16:01:28.027Z


Balcony fire by Advent wreath Created: 12/26/2022, 4:53 p.m By: Peter Schiebel The plastic construction on the floor of the balcony on the second floor of the BRK multi-generational campus in Gauting was completely destroyed by the fire. © Gauting Volunteer Fire Department A balcony fire in the BRK multi-generation campus in Gauting caused property damage of around 10,000 euros on the night of


Balcony fire by Advent wreath

Created: 12/26/2022, 4:53 p.m

By: Peter Schiebel

The plastic construction on the floor of the balcony on the second floor of the BRK multi-generational campus in Gauting was completely destroyed by the fire.

© Gauting Volunteer Fire Department

A balcony fire in the BRK multi-generation campus in Gauting caused property damage of around 10,000 euros on the night of Christmas Day.

Nobody got hurt.

Gauting

– In the end everything went smoothly: the most important thing is that no one was injured in a fire in the BRK multi-generational campus in Gauting on the night of Christmas Day.

At around 2:30 a.m., an 85-year-old resident was rudely awakened.

The police report that the fire alarm in their apartment beeped.

In addition, the woman was woken up by the glow of fire that could be seen on the balcony of her apartment on the second floor, Gauting's fire brigade commander Alexander Jung added in an interview with Starnberger Merkur.

The woman immediately made an emergency call.

Within a few minutes, the Gauting fire brigade was at the scene on Starnberger Straße, comrades from Buchendorf and Stockdorf, representatives of the district fire inspection as well as rescue services and the police were on duty, with almost 40 volunteers from the fire brigades alone.

The plastic floor panels on the balcony were on fire, and heavy smoke had developed.

"As the police investigation revealed, the fire was triggered by an Advent wreath that the resident had placed on the balcony floor and lit, which she forgot to put out when she went to bed," explains a police spokesman.

An attack squad from the Gautinger Wehre was able to quickly extinguish the fire.

The comrades from Buchendorf and Stockdorf therefore no longer had to intervene.

Nevertheless, the Gauting turntable ladder was positioned so that possible hot spots in the house insulation or in other parts of the building could be identified from there.

However, the thermal imaging camera did not give any indication of this, explains Jung.

The police also emphasized that "according to the emergency services, there was no danger to the residential building".

As a precaution, a good ten residents were brought outside during the extinguishing work.

The damage caused by the fire is estimated by the police at around 10,000 euros.

The BRK multi-generation campus offers space for 86 senior citizens in various living arrangements.

28 people had already moved in for the official inauguration at the end of November.

The fire at Christmas broke out in the apartment area.

Source: merkur

All news articles on 2022-12-26

Similar news:

Trends 24h

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy

The information on this site is from external sources that are not under our control.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.