The Center for Health Protection of the Department of Health said today (3rd) that a total of 16 citizens in 3 groups were suspected of food poisoning.
Among them, 10 people had eaten fried noodles with lobster in soup at Star Seafood Roast Goose Restaurant in Tai Wai, and another 6 people had eaten raw oysters in Oyster Bay, Tsim Sha Tsui.
Four people in the incident have sought medical treatment, and all are in stable condition and do not need to be admitted to hospital.
The CHP appeals to the public to maintain personal, food and environmental hygiene to prevent food-borne diseases.
10 citizens were suspected of food poisoning after eating fried noodles with lobster in soup at the star seafood roast goose restaurant in Tai Wai.
(Website picture of Star Seafood Restaurant)
10 Star Seafood Roast Goose Specialty Store Eats E-Noodles with Baked Lobster in Soup
The Center for Health Protection of the Department of Health stated that the first cluster of cases involved 2 males and 8 females, aged between 1 and 68.
On December 28, 2022, they went to the star seafood roast goose restaurant on the ground floor of Jinshan Building, Tai Wai Road, and after eating fried noodles with lobster in soup during dinner, they developed abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea about 4 to 49 hours later. and fever symptoms.
Six people vomited and had diarrhea after eating raw oysters in Oyster Bay, Tsim Sha Tsui
The second cluster case involved three men aged between 24 and 25.
They were in Oyster Bay on Kimberley Road in Tsim Sha Tsui on December 18, 2022. After eating raw oysters during dinner, they developed abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea about 38.5 to 44.5 hours later.
As for the third case, one man and two women were involved, aged between 26 and 28.
They were also in Oyster Bay on December 26, 2022, and after taking out oysters, they developed similar symptoms about 21.5 to 46 hours later.
One affected person of the first case has sought medical treatment at the Accident and Emergency Department, while three affected persons of the second and third cases have sought medical treatment from private doctors.
All patients did not need to be admitted to the hospital and were in stable condition.
The Center for Health Protection of the Department of Health pointed out that to prevent food-borne diseases, members of the public should always maintain personal, food and environmental hygiene.
When eating out, pay attention to:
- Patronize reliable and licensed restaurants
- Avoid eating raw seafood
- Choose cold dishes carefully, including sashimi, sushi and oysters in the buffet
- When eating hot pot or barbecue, make sure the food is thoroughly cooked before eating
- Handle with care and separate raw and cooked food thoroughly during cooking
- Use two sets of chopsticks and utensils to handle raw and cooked food separately
- Do not patronize unlicensed food stalls
- drink boiled water
-Do not try to use salt, vinegar, wine and Japanese wasabi to kill bacteria, because they have no bactericidal effect
-Wash hands before eating and after going to the toilet
Suspected food poisoning at Watermark, Central ferry pier, 16 people had diarrhea and fever after eating oysters at luncheon. More than 100 students from Qingdao Middle School were suspected of collective food poisoning. The Education Bureau intervened in the investigation. Food poisoning 6 people have diarrhea after eating ice cream and gastrointestinal health｜How to relieve diarrhea and want to vomit?
Disassemble the 7 major causes and common symptoms of food poisoning