This Monday Nicolás Maduro canceled his visit to Argentina and attributed it to security issues.
Venezuela assured that there was a plan to attack the official entourage during their stay in the country, where they had been invited to participate in the Celac summit.
The decision was announced this afternoon, less than 24 hours after the start of the regional meeting of leaders.
The text speaks of alleged "extravagant plans designed by right-wing extremists alienated from interests outside our region."
"In the last hour we have been irrefutably informed of a plan drawn up within the neo-fascist right, whose objective is to carry out a series of attacks against our delegation headed by the President of the Republic, Nicolás Maduro. Moors, for which they intend to put on a deplorable 'show', in order to disturb the positive effects of such an important regional event, and thus contribute to the discredit campaign -already unsuccessful- that has been launched against our country since the North American Empire ", says the document.
Below is the full text of the statement with which Maduro suspended his visit to the country.
Venezuela confirmed that Nicolás Maduro will not travel to Argentina: he says there was a plan to attack him
Alberto Fernández and Lula criticized the "lawfare" and defended the regimes of Venezuela and Cuba
Alberto Fernández: "A large part of inflation is self-constructed, it is in people's heads"
Summit in Buenos Aires: What is Cuba looking for in CELAC?