The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

María Ángela Olguín, kidnapped in Indios Verdes, was found with signs of violence


Authorities confirm that the 16-year-old girl was tied hand and foot on a street in the Nezahualcóyotl municipality, in the State of Mexico

María Ángela Olguín, the minor under the age of 16 who disappeared at the Indios Verdes whereabouts, was found alive this Saturday in Ciudad Nezahualcóyotl, State of Mexico, almost 30 kilometers away.

Authorities from the State of Mexico have confirmed to EL PAÍS that the girl showed signs of violence and she was tied hand and foot when she was helped by two municipal police officers.

48 hours after her disappearance, Olguín was found in a vacant lot used as a garbage dump and where there are abandoned vehicles in the Las Águilas neighborhood, between Avenida de Las Torres and Avenida 12. A neighbor from the area was the first to he felt the girl, at about 4:00 p.m.

"Suddenly I heard someone crying and I saw that there was something on the ground, she was a girl," the woman explained to the newspaper

El Universal .


At that time, the neighbor says that she asked for help from an ambulance that was in the area.

It was the paramedic driving the ambulance who notified the police.

María Ángela was lying on the ground and covered with some plastic when the authorities arrived.

A Nezahualcóyotl police officer assured the

news outlet

that the first thing they did to her was remove the shoelaces with which she was bound because she had a lot of pain in her back.

The authorities of the State of Mexico transferred the minor to the Mexico City Prosecutor's Office so that she could meet with her family and be treated in accordance with the care protocol for minor victims of violence.

Her parents and her sisters found out the news while they were making a new demonstration in front of the Indios Verdes bathrooms.

The actions carried out by the family were decisive in putting pressure on the case.

Dozens of people blocked traffic over the weekend on the Mexico - Pachuca highway and blocked the exit of trucks from the northern terminal.

Olguín and his mother, Rocío Bustamante, had spent all Thursday morning doing some business at the Colegio de Bachilleres, in Taxqueña.

In an interview with this newspaper, Bustamante recalls something that she did not notice at first: "In the Hidalgo metro, my daughter told me that she felt that someone bit her arm," says the woman.

“At that moment I checked his arm but everything was normal.

We came talking, we left, we got to the bathrooms and then I don't understand what happened why that guy took her, ”she continues.

The Mexico City Prosecutor's Office has not ruled out any line of investigation for the moment, such as the possibility that the minor could have been subjected to some type of chemical submission.

Back home in Ecatepec, the mother ran out of money for the return ticket.

It was 5:00 p.m. and she decided to call her husband, Jesús Olguín, to come pick them up at Indios Verdes.

Rocío Bustamante explained in an interview to this newspaper that she went into the toilet for a few minutes and when she came out, the girl was gone.

She only remembers that she was able to hear that Angela yelled at her: "Amá!"

The parents assure that in the images they were able to see from the C5 cameras, it can be seen how a man approaches his daughter and “takes her away” minutes later.

In broad daylight and before the eyes of hundreds of people, the girl disappeared without anyone seeing anything.

After Ángela's disappearance, and in less than 24 hours, two other girls disappeared in the same town hall, Gustavo A. Madero: Tonatzin Blanco, 11, who disappeared when she was playing in the street with some friends, and Gabriela Giselle Cabrera, 14 years old, dressed in her school uniform.

The capital's Prosecutor's Office has confirmed the appearance alive of both;

Cabrera, located on January 20, and Tonatzin Blanco, this Sunday.

While the investigations in the case continue, with no detainees at the moment, the head of the Government of Mexico City, Claudia Sheinbaum, has indicated that she will reinforce security at the whereabouts of Indios Verdes, a key point for communication between the capital and the Mexico state.

The unknowns surrounding the case of the disappearance of María Ángela Olguín are still in the air.

Neither the family nor the authorities have wanted to comment on what happened.

“My girl is fine, as far as she can go.

Thank God I already have her back, ”says her mother.

The woman has not stopped hugging her daughter since he met her again.

subscribe here

to the EL PAÍS México


and receive all the key information on current affairs in this country

Source: elparis

All news articles on 2023-01-23

You may like

Trends 24h

News/Politics 2023-03-27T18:12:21.581Z


© Communities 2019 - Privacy

The information on this site is from external sources that are not under our control.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.