The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

No. 3 fire at Robinson Road|The fire chief and security guard were hospitalized for a day in critical condition after inhaling smoke

2023-01-23T15:56:10.159Z


A No. 3 alarm fire broke out on Robinson Road, Mid-Levels West yesterday (22nd) causing 9 injuries, including a fire chief. As of 11:15 tonight (23rd), the 30-year-old fire chief surnamed Sun and another 60-year-old male security guard surnamed Zhong


A No. 3 alarm fire broke out on Robinson Road, Mid-Levels West yesterday (22nd) causing 9 injuries, including a fire chief.

As of 11:15 tonight (23rd), the 30-year-old fire chief surnamed Sun and another 60-year-old male security guard surnamed Zhong were in critical condition and were hospitalized in Queen Mary Hospital.


The incident happened at 12:01 noon on Lunar New Year's Day yesterday, in a unit on the 23rd floor of Huihui Court, No. 9 Robinson Road. During the time when the residents were singing karaoke, the karaoke machine suspected to be short-circuited and caught fire.

The unit was engulfed in flames, thick smoke gushed out the windows, and the outer walls of the two or three floors upstairs were also blackened. Smoke seeped even from the lobby on the ground floor, and some residents heard the help of their domestic helpers.

During the fire, 7 people were unwell and sent to the hospital. Among them, the fire chief surnamed Sun and the security guard surnamed Zhong male were inhaled smoke and were semi-conscious when they were sent to the hospital; another 58-year-old Filipino maid carried a 2-year-old boy and went there by taxi Hospital for medical treatment.

Both the police and the fire department received reports from several citizens and rushed to the scene for rescue.

The fire department raised the fire alarm to level 3 at 1.24pm. The fire was surrounded at 2.20pm, contained at 2.39pm and largely extinguished at 3.43pm.

Firefighters used two jets and two smoking cap teams to fight the fire.

32 male and 38 female residents were evacuated to a safe location by themselves or with the assistance of personnel. Firefighters also assisted in rescuing the dogs trapped in the building.

The 7 injured were sent to the hospital by ambulance. Except for the 30-year-old fire chief surnamed Sun and a 60-year-old male security guard surnamed Zhong who were semi-conscious, the other 5 injured were conscious, aged between 42 and 75, including the surname of the unit where the fire started The 75-year-old male resident suffered hand injuries, the 58-year-old Filipino maid, and 3 Filipino maids from other units.

In addition, a 58-year-old Filipino maid carried the same 2-year-old boy and took a taxi to the hospital for medical treatment. Both were conscious.

After investigation by the police and firefighters, it is believed that the fire was caused by a short circuit of the karaoke machine at the above site, and the cause of the fire is not suspicious.

Thick smoke was coming from the unit.

(Photo by Weng Yuhui)

+6

+1

Source: hk1

All news articles on 2023-01-23

Similar news:

Trends 24h

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy

The information on this site is from external sources that are not under our control.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.