The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Nicolás Maduro said that in Argentina he was going to suffer an "ambush" that meant "entering into combat"

2023-01-24T23:38:41.466Z


The president of Venezuela affirmed that he did not suspend his trip to the CELAC summit because of the protests against him, but because "first-level intelligence and counterintelligence sources" warned him about an alleged attack by the United States. and the macrismo in his against.


The president of Venezuela, Nicolás Maduro, affirmed that he suspended his trip to Argentina to participate in the CELAC summit because he was going to be the victim of a plan that involved an alleged

"ambush"

that was going to force his custody to

"enter combat”

in Argentine territory.

In a video that he sent to the sociologist and leftist militant Atilio Borón and that he shared on his social networks, Maduro explained that "I decided not to go not because of a march or a simple provocation,

but because of very sensitive information

."

“It was somewhat

thicker

… (And it was behind) the United States embassy, ​​the macrismo rats, Patricia Bullrich and the judicial party.

Thick, thick" Maduro commented to the writer who defends Chavismo.

"And well, it meant

going into combat in a territory other than Venezuela

," Maduro said.

look also

The Argentine court ordered the arrest of number two of Chavismo who is expected to enter through Jujuy

“We valued all the data we had

from top-tier intelligence and counterintelligence sources

.

I can't even suggest where the intelligence sources come from.

They are very powerful

, ”he added without specifying whether he was referring to the AFI of Argentina, the Bolivarian National Intelligence Service (SEBIN), or an espionage service from a third country.

In judicial sources, it was asked if SEBIN or another foreign intelligence service was authorized to collect data in our country because they are prohibited from doing so.

"

Two or three days

ago we were evaluating that," the Venezuelan president added - mysteriously.

Last week,

two planes

with guards and surely members of SEBIN had arrived in Argentina as advance notice of Maduro's arrival.

In the official video that he sent to the CELAC summit, he added another piece of information about the suspension of his trip "for reasons beyond our own control" such as "the permanent persecution and

the ambushes that are calculated

."

The former president of Bolivia Evo Morales was more explicit and considered that Maduro is a "victim of the permanent US conspiracy."

Morales made this statement in the framework of the VII Summit of the VII Summit of the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (Celac), which is being held in Buenos Aires and in which he does not participate, since he is not an acting president.

According to the former Bolivian president, "in addition to maintaining a criminal economic blockade and his threats of intervention against the people of Venezuela,"

the United States uses the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) "to fabricate false accusations."

On

Sunday Bullrich, as

Clarín

announced exclusively, announced that he was going to send

an alert to the DEA

to warn about the presence of Maduro in Argentina because a New York prosecutor

offers 15 million dollars

for data on the Chavista leader for a cause for drug trafficking known as the case of “los soles”.

Indeed, the former Minister of Security made the request and the United States embassy

sent her a copy of that legal case

.

The case, open in 2020, is titled “

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA - v.

NICOLAS MADURO MOROS

, S2 11 Cr. Marquez," and SEUXIS PAUCIS HERNANDEZ SOLARTE, a/k/a "Jesfis Santrich".

But sending that alert

does not mean the arrest of Maduro,

who also has diplomatic immunity for being president.

As happened with the Venezuelan-Iranian plane seized in Argentina at the request of the US Justice,

a long legal process must be carried out for an extreme measure like this

.

It supposes that an American judge requests the arrest of Maduro from an Argentine judge and the latter then applies

the Argentine-American penal cooperation treaty to analyze such a measure.

On the other hand, the lawyer Tomás Farini Duggan, on behalf of the Argentine Forum for Democracy in the Region (FADER) and three Venezuelan exiles who suffered torture, denounced Maduro before the Justice for crimes against humanity, a procedure that

also has a process

.

And he requested his investigative statement in a complaint that has not yet been opened by the Argentine justice system.

Until now,

no US judge or prosecutor has requested the capture of Maduro.

It is also true that, since last year, the Biden administration began a dialogue process with the Chavista regime after the start of the war between Russia and Ukraine and its need for oil, judicial sources recalled.

On the other hand, Maduro received

bad legal news yesterday.

 A federal judge in Miami

set a million-dollar compensation

for a Venezuelan exiled in the US who sued the president of Venezuela, Nicolás Maduro, other members of the civil power and high-ranking military of that country, as well as the FARC and the Cartel de los Soles, for kidnapping and torture.

Judge Federico A. Moreno determined that the lawyer Carlos Marrón, who was detained for

878 days

and alleges to have been tortured during his captivity in Venezuela, his wife and their two minor children must be compensated with 153 million dollars.

To comply with the ruling, the court can seize the assets of the defendants, including Maduro, who

were sentenced in contempt for their lack of response to the judicial requirements

, according to the judicial documents of the case to which EFE had access.

In addition to Maduro, the FARC, the Cartel de los Soles (a group of Venezuelan generals accused of drug trafficking), are the subject of the lawsuit Vladimir Padrino López, Minister of Defense;

Maikel José Moreno Pérez, head of the Supreme Court;

Néstor Luis Reverol, Minister of Electric Power and before the Interior;

Tarek William Saab, Attorney General, and Tareck El Aissami, Minister of Oil.

With this bunch of legal cases open in different countries, it will be increasingly difficult for Maduro to leave his country.

look also

Protests by the opposition and Venezuelan exiles for the arrival of Maduro

look also

Argentine justice is on its way to agree to investigate Maduro for crimes against humanity

Source: clarin

All news articles on 2023-01-24

Trends 24h

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy

The information on this site is from external sources that are not under our control.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.