The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Alpes-Maritimes: seven people hospitalized after another carbon monoxide poisoning in Vence


The victims, members of the same family, were hospitalized at the Pasteur hospital in Nice, where they were placed in a hyperbaric chamber.

Le Figaro Nice

To discover

  • Follow all the news of the city of Nice

Three days after a family was found unconscious at home in Vence, two adults and five children were in turn poisoned with carbon monoxide overnight from Thursday to Friday, in their house located in the same town of Vence. he

hinterland of Nice, confirms to

Le Figaro

the departmental fire and rescue service of the Alpes-Maritimes.

It was the parents, in their thirties, who gave the alert a little after 11 p.m.

The latter, as well as their children, suffered from nausea and vomiting.

Dispatched to the scene in an emergency, route de Cagnes, the firefighters took care of the family who were not, however, in a worrying state of health.

As a safety measure, the victims were nevertheless hospitalized at the Pasteur hospital in Nice, where they were placed in a hyperbaric chamber, in order to be oxygenated as well as possible.

In all likelihood, the incident was due to a failure of the home's heating system.

Read alsoAlpes-Maritimes: a family saved by firefighters after being poisoned by carbon monoxide

In this winter period and while several tragedies have been caused by carbon monoxide poisoning in recent weeks - in Nice as in the rest of the country - the municipality launched last weekend an operation to raise awareness of the risks of intoxication.

In particular, the City has produced an information brochure entitled “

Heating without danger

”, which includes the main prevention advice for combating these risks.

This document was sent to all social landlords, co-ownership trustees and representatives of neighborhood committees so that these reflexes are relayed.

In addition, thanks to the help of its various partners, Leroy Merlin, Axa and Fnaim, Nice is preparing to distribute 500 carbon monoxide detectors to the most vulnerable thanks to withdrawal vouchers which have been given to associations such as the Red Cross and Restos du Coeur.

The latter will then be responsible for identifying the households that need it the most and giving them the withdrawal vouchers.

Source: lefigaro

All news articles on 2023-01-27

You may like

News/Politics 2022-12-30T09:50:56.334Z

Trends 24h

News/Politics 2023-03-20T06:44:31.247Z


© Communities 2019 - Privacy

The information on this site is from external sources that are not under our control.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.