The eight sites for simple public housing were fully exposed yesterday (30th), including Yau Pok Road in Yuen Long, District 3A in Tuen Chai, District 54 in Tuen Chai, Caixing Road in Tau Tau, Kai Tak Sai Wan Road, Liantang in Sheung Shui Weiwei, Chai Wan Sheung On Street/Cheung Ping Street and Siu Lam Lok, providing a total of 30,000 units at a cost of 26.44 billion yuan, a reduction of 950 million yuan from the original budget.
The Housing Bureau explained the details again today (31st), saying that there are three major directions to reduce costs, including improving the construction site and foundation engineering plans, subtracting renewable energy facilities, and simplifying the facilities in public housing, and finally the "Qingshui Building" of simple public housing , and only electric water heaters and exhaust fans for toilets will be provided.
▼Simple public housing Kai Tak Kai Tak site selection▼
The latest document submitted by the Housing Bureau to the Legislative Council pointed out that in response to the Legislative Council and the society’s concern on the cost of simple public housing units, the government once again looked at each sub-item in detail. The estimated cost of the latest design and construction projects can be changed from the original 26.79 billion yuan , lowered by 800 million to 25.99 billion yuan.
The authorities explained that the price reduction was based on three main reasons:
According to the preliminary results of the latest technical studies (such as the recently completed ground investigation report) and the site data, the site and foundation engineering scheme can be further improved
Minus renewable energy facilities, only provide energy-saving devices,
Reduce the equipment provided in simple public housing units, so that residents can purchase the required equipment according to their own needs.
According to the document, the government originally planned to provide air conditioners, water heaters, and two exhaust fans located in the kitchen and the bathroom, but now it only provides the water heater and the exhaust fans in the bathroom.
In addition, the document also mentioned that after the Development Bureau reviewed the land survey report and the preliminary design plan, it also lowered the estimated cost of additional infrastructure works related to simple public housing from about 600 million yuan to about 450 million yuan. Therefore, the entire simple public housing plan can be reduced by nearly 1 billion yuan.
(Screenshot of Legislative Council document)
The document also disclosed for the first time the cost of the first four projects that were the first to apply for funding. Among them, the Kai Tak World Fortune Road project was the most expensive, with an overall expenditure of 9.5 billion yuan. Among them, the foundation works and construction works were the most expensive, involving 1.0303 billion yuan and 5.568 billion yuan respectively. 100 million yuan, the cost is 3.9 times that of the second most expensive Ngau Tau Kok Choi Hing Road project.
The overall budget for Ngau Tau Kok is $1.939 billion, while the Tuen Mun Area 3A and Yau Pok Road projects in Yuen Long each involve $1.6 billion.
According to the Government, different project expenditures involve different processes, as detailed below:
- Site works include site formation, site hoarding, site covered walkways, and other general site works.
- Foundation works include construction of piles and footings, and all related testing and inspection work.
- Construction works include the construction of the substructure and superstructure of a building.
- Building services works include electrical installations, ventilation and air-conditioning installations, fire service installations, lifts, and other miscellaneous installation works.
- Drainage works include sewage treatment, pumping facilities and the construction of connecting the drains and sewers of various buildings to the main drains and main sewers within the site area.
- External works include paving the ground outdoors, carrying out planting works, building fences and power connections, etc.
- Furnishings and equipment including electric water heater and extractor fans.
- This budget includes quantity surveying services, construction supervision and project management, etc.
- Additional infrastructure works include road improvement works, sewage collection and treatment facilities, drainage and water supply facilities, etc. undertaken by other works departments.
The government also released the floor plans of various types of units for the first time:
(Screenshot of Legislative Council document)
▼On January 30, the simple public housing demonstration unit was exposed▼
Simple public housing | Kai Tak site selection to build multiple 17- to 19-storey building isolation facilities or transfer to simple public housing for the same purpose | Appropriate 14.9 billion for the first installment in two installments to build 17,000 simple public housing units in Kai Tak, Ngau Tau Kok and other places House｜Click directly on the 330-foot open-style demonstration unit!
Equipped with hot water heater exhaust fan, lack of air-conditioning to provide simple public housing｜Decomposition cost reduction of 1 billion expenditure cost without air-conditioning + floor height dropped by 10 cm