The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Who does not have to file taxes in the US and what is the income limit?


Should you file your taxes in the US? Possibly the answer is yes, but with the deadline approaching it is better to be sure.

Why Uncle Sam wants to know if I sold my property abroad 5:07

(CNN Spanish) --

Should you file your tax return in the United States?

It is very likely that the answer is yes, but with the deadline approaching, it is better to find out if you are a rare exception or if it is time to gather your documents and expedite your declaration.

Most importantly, keep in mind that the deadline to file your 2022 individual return and pay any remaining federal income taxes due from last year is Monday, April 18.

  • How to declare my taxes before the IRS in the US?

    Know the link and the necessary documents

Who has to declare?

Most US citizens and people working in the US will be taxed based on their gross income, filing status, and age, as illustrated in the following table:

Who is exempt from filing taxes?

According to the Turbotax tax preparation tool, you do not need to file your tax return

if all of the following

apply to your situation:


  • You are under 65 years of age.

  • Your marital status is single.

  • You do not have any special circumstances that require you to file a tax return.

    For example, you receive self-employment income.

  • You earn less than $12,950, which is the 2022 standard deduction for a taxpayer.

People who count their Social Security benefits as their only income are not taxed so they most likely will not need to file a federal income tax return.

However, if they have substantial income in addition to their benefits—such as wages, self-employment, interest, dividends, and other taxable income—they will need to file a return.

  • When does the IRS start sending tax refunds in 2023?

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) recommends that people file their tax returns, even if they do not have to, since they could claim credits such as: the earned income tax (EITC, for its acronym in Spanish) in English), the tax for children, for education and for reimbursement recovery.

In addition, they could also be entitled to a refund.

The IRS recommends filing a return if you apply to any of these situations:

  • You had some income tax withheld from your pay.

  • You made estimated tax payments for the year, or any of your overpayments from last year were applied to this year's estimated tax.

8 mistakes that can lead to an IRS audit 7:57

Tax returnTaxes

Source: cnnespanol

All news articles on 2023-01-31

You may like

Life/Entertain 2023-09-13T07:46:17.744Z

Trends 24h


© Communities 2019 - Privacy

The information on this site is from external sources that are not under our control.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.