Three years after the epidemic hit, Hong Kong canceled the quarantine order for confirmed persons yesterday (30th). Today (31st) there were 361 new positive cases of nucleic acid testing for new coronary pneumonia in Hong Kong, and 9 more deaths related to the new crown.
▼Report on the epidemic situation on February 1▼
Cross-border students｜Fengxi No. 1 Primary School 30 students resume classes early
[08:32] With the customs clearance between Hong Kong and the mainland, cross-border students can resume classes in Hong Kong without quotas as soon as the second week of this month. Fengxi No. 1 Primary School in the North District is the first to be free of quotas today (1st) Before the implementation of the quarantine exemption arrangement, about 30 cross-border students were allowed to return to Hong Kong to attend classes first by applying for customs clearance quotas and undergoing nucleic acid testing.
About 40 to 50 cross-border students from Fengxi No. 1 Primary School took the lead in returning to Hong Kong for physical classes on the morning of February 1.
(Photo by Jiang Liying)
▼After the cancellation of the quarantine order on January 30, some patients remained in the Kai Tak quarantine facility▼
▼Epidemic report on January 31▼
▼January 31 Chief Executive Lee Ka-chao met with the media before the meeting▼
Epidemic investigation｜Referring to the government to set up a committee to review the epidemic Leung Pak-hsien: It belongs to governance responsibility and morality
[20:05] Hong Kong is gradually returning to normal. Recently, many medical experts have expressed their opinion that it is necessary to set up an investigation committee to review the response to the epidemic. However, Chief Executive Lee Ka-chao said today (31st) that he does not agree to the establishment of an independent investigation committee to review the fight against the epidemic. .
During the SARS era, Leung Pak-yin, then deputy director of the Department of Health and former chief executive of the Hospital Authority, said that he understood that if an investigation committee was set up, government departments might be under pressure, "but at least there should be a review for all investigations."
He suggested that the government could set up a review committee under the leadership of the Chief Secretary for Administration, and set up different groups under the committee to review the epidemic situation, such as medical care and isolation facilities.
He emphasized that epidemics of infectious diseases will occur in almost every government. If there is no review of this epidemic, the next government will not be able to learn from the experience of the current government. ’ than the next government?”
Reviewing the Epidemic｜Carrie Lam changed from being worthy of support within 8 days to not proceeding within 8 days until Lee Ka-chao vetoed the epidemic investigation｜The UK has set up a committee to review the Hong Kong SARS investigation report focusing on the lack of system
[18:01] Three years of the new crown epidemic has subsided, and Hong Kong is gradually returning to normal. When Chief Executive Lee Ka-chao met reporters in front of the association this morning (31st), he expressed his disapproval of setting up an independent investigation committee to review the epidemic situation, denying the proposal of several expert consultants Require.
Looking back over the past year, the government's attitude towards the setting up of an investigation committee to review the epidemic has faded again and again.
At the peak of the fifth wave of the epidemic, former chief executive Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor said on March 20 last year that she was open to the establishment of an epidemic review committee, but she changed her tone only a week later. I really don’t think we should be distracted from dealing with such a large-scale investigation now, I believe the next government will take it seriously,” she did not deny it at the time, but handed it over to this government.
Former Chief Executive Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor said at the peak of the fifth wave of the epidemic that she was open to the establishment of an epidemic review committee.
(Photo by Liang Pengwei/File photo)
The cause of death of a chronically ill woman infected with the epidemic was that two housing estates were evacuated from the Department of Health for 4 days before being contacted
[18:00] A sixty-year-old woman suffering from long-term diseases such as diabetes and kidney disease died suddenly while waiting for isolation at home. After her death, she was infected with new coronary pneumonia. The inquest into her death continued today (31st). A nurse from the Department of Health testified, She said that she had contacted the woman's daughter. She had recorded that the woman had various long-term illnesses, but she had no symptoms of the new crown at the time. Whether she was prioritized for isolation had to be decided by a doctor.
An administrative director of the Department of Health said that there were large-scale evacuations such as Kwai Shing West Village and Regent Garden at that time, and a large number of documents were accumulated. As a result, the department only dealt with the woman's case two days later, and contacted her two days later to no avail. , and later learned from the news that the woman had died.
[17:05] Hong Kong today (31st) added 361 new positive cases of new crown pneumonia nucleic acid test, and 9 more deaths related to new crown
Defendant who visited Yoshinoya after being infected with the epidemic claimed that the quarantine order was not received within the period and that the post was deleted for criticizing the chief executive for breaking the law
[16:21] The staff member of the fruit shop was involved in taking public transportation and eating at restaurants such as Yoshinoya after knowing that he was infected with the new crown virus. He denied 12 crimes of exposing others to the danger of infection.
The case was resumed in the West Kowloon Court today (31st). In his defense, the defendant stated that during the incident, the government did not recognize the results of the quick test, and he did not receive a quarantine order issued by the government, so he believed that he had the freedom to go out. .
As for the quick test results and food photos he uploaded and left a message on Facebook, he later deleted them. He also told the police that he only released the information because he was dissatisfied with the government’s epidemic prevention policy that made him unemployed. Later, some netizens reminded him that he might break the law was deleted.
The defendant explained in court today that he understood at the time that he would break the law by calling the chief executive, so he decided to delete the article.
The magistrate adjourned the case to March 8 for ruling.
Epidemic Investigation｜Jin Dongyan: No Committee Needs to Review Kong Fanyi: Not Targeting People or Organizations
[14:58] After three years, the epidemic is returning to normal. Chief Executive Lee Ka-chao stated this morning (31st) that he does not agree to an independent investigation into the epidemic.
Kong Fanyi, an expert consultant to the government, director of the Department of Infectious Diseases and clinical professor of the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Hong Kong, stated twice in an interview that the independent investigation committee advocated by the experts "will not target any individual or institution, and mainly review the matter. Kong also pointed out that relevant inspections can not only help Hong Kong improve its ability to respond to the epidemic, but also help improve the overall medical system.
Jin Dongyan, a professor at the School of Biomedical Sciences of the University of Hong Kong, also said that independent investigations have always been an effective practice in Hong Kong, and relevant investigations and reviews will be beneficial to the future. He estimated that the Hong Kong government did not agree to independent investigations because of some complicated circumstances that involved all aspects. The investigation may not be able to find out, but he emphasized that it is necessary to review and review various situations and measures during the epidemic: "Even if he (the government) does not do (the independent investigation committee) this time, he must do it in another way."
Cancellation of the quarantine order｜The Hospital Authority will increase the number of confirmed cases in the general department in due course
[12:42] General outpatient clinics currently provide a total of more than 10,000 occasional disease consultation places, including about 2,000 places for patients diagnosed with new crowns.
Xia Jingheng, chief administrative manager (primary and community medical services) of the Hospital Authority, said in a radio program today (31st) that the operation of general outpatient clinics was very smooth yesterday. number of sick places to deal with demand.
He pointed out that patients diagnosed without an appointment will be able to arrange consultations as appropriate depending on their physical and health conditions.
Epidemic investigation debate｜Four government experts support the review of Li Jiachao: After taking office, he has continuously summarized
[10:54] The quarantine order was cancelled, and Hong Kong is moving towards normalcy. Four of the six government expert consultants in Hong Kong include Yuan Guoyong, chair professor of the Department of Microbiology of the University of Hong Kong, Kong Fanyi, clinical professor of the Department of Internal Medicine of the University of Hong Kong, and lecturer of the Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Sciences of the University of Hong Kong. Professor Liu Yulong and Chair Professor Xu Shuchang of the Division of Respiratory System at CUHK both stated that it is necessary to set up a committee to review.
However, Chief Executive Lee Ka-chao (31st) stated that he did not agree to an independent investigation of the new crown epidemic, and pointed out that due to different situations in various parts of the world, there is no generally accepted best or standard plan. Keep checking.
The date of full customs clearance has not been given. Li Jiachao said that the discussion with the mainland is positive: he is confident that the dismantling will be reached soon｜Li Jiachao did not announce the full customs clearance of quarantine exemption this morning because the good news will be saved on Thursday?
[10:53] The first stage of customs clearance between Hong Kong and the mainland has been more than 3 weeks. Chief Executive Li Jiachao said before the executive meeting this morning (31st) that the government’s goal is to achieve comprehensive customs clearance with the mainland as soon as possible, and maintain close contact with mainland units during the Lunar New Year , The progress is positive, and we are confident that it will be achieved soon, including the cancellation of nucleic acid testing, the increase in the number of ports, and the cancellation of the number of people.
The quarantine order is cancelled｜The catering industry says it can only persuade the confirmed takeaway employees to use their own leave papers without sick leave papers
[09:54] The quarantine order was officially lifted on Monday (30th). Although people who are diagnosed do not need to be quarantined and can even go to work and school, some restaurants have stated that they will not serve new crown patients.
Xu Wenwei, president of the Rice Miao Dietetic Association, described today that after the rapid test and the cancellation of the red code, it seems that it is just an "academic discussion" for citizens to declare their diagnosis before entering the restaurant. Taking his restaurant as an example, he would suggest that they If someone who is confirmed to be diagnosed buys takeaway, if the other party insists on dine-in, he will find some quiet corners to say hello: "The law has no right to prevent them from entering. The catering industry must greet anyone. They can only suggest (buy takeaway) and cannot refuse ( Dine)."
▼January 21st, the restaurant was full for the New Year’s Eve dinner▼
Li Jiachao: Complete customs clearance with the mainland as soon as possible. Do not agree to independent investigation of the epidemic. Do not agree to independent investigation of the epidemic situation.
[09:41] After two weeks of adjournment, the Executive Council resumed its meeting today (31st). Chief Executive Lee Ka-chao met with reporters before the meeting. It is expected that people from all walks of life will pay attention to issues such as when the quarantine-free customs clearance will be implemented and customs clearance quotas will be cancelled.
NPC Standing Committee member Tan Yaozong said the day before yesterday (29th) that he believes that a decision will be made soon to cancel the nucleic acid testing requirements for customs clearance between Hong Kong and the Mainland, and quoted Chief Secretary for Administration Chen Guoji as saying that it is estimated that there will be a decision in the next few days.
▼On January 29, Savewo Salvation Mask Factory talked about the post-coronavirus plan▼
Mask order｜Ninety percent of local factories close down or lay off workers and reduce production after the cancellation of Savewo material
[07:02] The new crown virus epidemic has been raging for three years. With the return to normal, the remaining masks are expected to be withdrawn within a few months.
In the early days of the epidemic, the mask factories that sprung up like bamboo shoots after rain, where should they go?
According to statistics from the Hong Kong Mask and Anti-epidemic Equipment Association, the number of local mask factories has decreased from about 200 at the peak in 2020 to about 20 at present, a further decrease of 30 compared with the previous year.
"Savewo" is one of the mask brand factories that still survives today. Its founder revealed that he has set foot in the robot industry last year and is ready to be eliminated. It is estimated that after the mask order is revoked, he may lay off employees and cut at least half of the mask production.
"In the end, because the mask order is good, any reason is good, which made our company scale down (reduce the scale), or even close down in the most extreme cases. In fact, we all feel OK."
Mask order｜Pharmacy Review Selling at a sky-high price of $250 is the reason why a box of profit is $20: non-human blood steamed buns
[07:01] The new crown epidemic has been raging for three years, and the initial rush to buy masks is unforgettable.
The chain pharmacy Wecare Weijia used to sell anti-epidemic products on the rise, and currently sells about 3,000 boxes of masks per month.
Founder Wei Rongjun revealed that at the beginning of the epidemic, the price of a box of masks was 250 yuan, and the pharmacy only made a profit of 20 yuan.
"We were all very worried that we would eat people's blood steamed buns at that time, or make money for the country, etc. We were all mentally prepared for the opportunity to be troubled by others."
Wei Rongjun predicts that after the revocation of the mask order, the demand may drop by 60%. However, if there is a crisis, there will be opportunities. He sees that Hong Kong people are concerned about the sequelae of the new crown and will focus on health care products.
1.30｜The first day when the quarantine order was canceled, 1,400 patients sought medical treatment at the outpatient department of the Hospital Authority
▼January 30th, Park Li Kee General Outpatient Clinic treated COVID-19 patients▼
▼On Saturday, January 28, believers visited Yuen Yuen College in Tsuen Wan and took pictures of Tai Sui▼
Isolation Order Canceled｜358 Newly Confirmed Cases, 5 People Infected and Died, Over 1,400 Patients Seek Medical Clearance Now｜Luohu Port Is Expected To Reopen In The Second Week Of February Or let the children be removed at the permitted place. The cause of death of the long-term sick woman was infected with the epidemic and waiting to be quarantined. The daughter died at home. No one from the department contacted the quarantine order to cancel｜7 designated clinics resumed today. Subsidy applications have been suspended since 2.14, and 2,728 eligible persons have received quarantine withdrawal orders so far｜2,000 general outpatient clinics are available for confirmed cases. Wagers are worried about getting doctor papers to clear customs｜Tan Yaozong pointed out that the mainland has closed testing stations one after another and hopes to withdraw nucleic acid requirements. It is expected that there will be this week good news