The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Twice a month: a woman was declared dead in a nursing home - and was found breathing in a funeral home - voila! news


An 82-year-old woman was pronounced dead at a nursing home in New York state, but three hours later at a funeral home, she was found breathing. The incident happened just days after a nursing home in the state of Iowa was fined for a similar incident

An 82-year-old woman was pronounced dead at a nursing home in New York, but three hours later, at a funeral home, she was found breathing, according to authorities.

The incident happened a few days after a similar incident in the state of Iowa.

The woman was pronounced dead at a nursing home in the town of Fort Jefferson on Long Island at 11:15 a.m. Saturday, Suffolk County police said.

She was taken to a funeral home at 1:30 p.m. and was found breathing at 2:09 p.m., according to police.

The woman, whose identity was not revealed, was rushed to the hospital, but as of yesterday (Monday), no further information was released regarding her condition.

The case was transferred to the New York State Attorney General's Office for investigation.

State health authorities have also launched an investigation, spokeswoman Monica Pomeroy said.

According to a press release issued last month, the nursing home where the elderly woman stayed was named one of the best nursing homes by US News & World Report for 2022-2023.

Officials from the funeral home said in a statement that "out of respect for the privacy of the families, we are not in a position to comment on the incident."

Nursing home in New York (photo: official website, Facebook)

A few days ago, a nursing home in Iowa where a similar incident happened was fined ten thousand dollars.

Authorities said a 66-year-old woman was pronounced dead Jan. 3 at the hospice where she was being treated.

Her body was placed in a body bag and taken to a funeral home, where employees discovered she was still breathing and called emergency services.

According to the report, "they saw her chest move and heard her choking." The woman was returned to hospice, where she died on Jan. 5, according to the Iowa Department of Audits and Appeals report.

"We are in close contact with the woman's family, we have completed an investigation into the incident," Lisa Eastman, the hospice's CEO, told CBS News. "We are committed to our patients and committed to providing them with support and care at the end of their lives.

The employees undergo routine training so that they can support the patients in the best possible way, even at the time of their death."

  • news

  • world news

  • America


  • United States

  • New York

  • Nursing Home

Source: walla

All news articles on 2023-02-07

Similar news:

Trends 24h


© Communities 2019 - Privacy

The information on this site is from external sources that are not under our control.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.