The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Simple public housing|Yang Yongjie pays attention to Kai Tak's transportation facilities and underground street officials: consider adding bus lines

2023-02-08T01:38:15.306Z


The Public Works Subcommittee of the Legislative Council held a meeting today (8th) to discuss the simple public housing project. Councilors focused on the project's site selection, cost, transportation facilities, and communication with residents in the area. Housing Secretary Ho Wing-hyun-do


The Public Works Subcommittee of the Legislative Council held a meeting today (8th) to discuss the simple public housing project.

Councilors focused on the project's site selection, cost, transportation facilities, and communication with residents in the area.


Ho Wing-yin, director of the Housing Bureau, has repeatedly reiterated that the land has a two-year construction period and a five-year occupancy period, after which it will return to its original purpose.

She also understood the public's concern about transportation and social facilities, and proposed transportation solutions for several locations.


+12

Several congressmen emphasized their support for the plan when they spoke, but raised many issues related to traffic life.

On the controversial Kai Tak site, Kowloon Central Legislative Council member Yang Wing-kit said that residents do not believe that the land can be handed over after the "2+5" as scheduled, and also reflected that if only adding two bus lines is not enough, will a new traffic be built Systems such as light rail.

In addition, there are currently no cultural and recreational facilities in the Kai Tak District. Can the 1JS complex be given priority?

He Yongxian reiterated that the land in Kai Tak will be returned for commercial use after the completion of the simple public housing project.

In terms of transportation, officials pointed out that in addition to the two new bus lines, new routes are also being considered, including the bus line from the cruise terminal to Tsim Sha Tsui, and the extension of the 20A terminal to the cruise terminal.

In terms of cultural and recreational facilities, the officials pointed out that the 1JS area is planned to be a complex building, and it is hoped that it will be completed as soon as possible. The technical feasibility study will be done as soon as possible in the next 5 years, and it will start as soon as possible in the next 5 years.

Yang Yongjie is also concerned about the arrangement of the underground street in Kai Tak, pointing out that the land for simple public housing will be cut off from the planning of the underground street.

He Yongxian responded that Kai Tak Underground Street has a total length of 1,600 meters, and 70% of it has a definite plan, and part of it has already started construction. The remaining 30% of the underground part, including simple public housing, will be developed by relevant developers.

Simple public housing facilities will be open to all

Member of the Kowloon East Legislative Council Ngan Man-yu also paid attention to the simple public housing transportation and supporting facilities on Choi Hing Road, Choi Hing. He said that there are simple public housing and transitional housing projects in the area, and asked whether minibuses and other feeder services would be added.

He Yongxian responded that the facilities of the simple public housing will be open to everyone to share, such as some care services, and nearby residents can also participate in the use.

In terms of transportation, a minibus stop will be added on Choi Hing Road to extend the original minibus line.

+1

Simple public housing|The Public Works Group of the Legislative Council will discuss three major concerns in detail on Wednesday morning. Simple public housing|Jiang Yuhuan made a statement on the eve of the meeting of the Public Works Group: I will not attend the meeting for the time being. More explanations on delaying site selection disputes Simple public housing|Chen Guoji reiterated that the time limit is 5 years without changing the land use, hoping for social mutual assistance and mutual understanding Kai Tak simple public housing|He Yongxian: It is a win-win social project to abandon public housing for three times and choose a building and have to move out

Source: hk1

All news articles on 2023-02-08

Trends 24h

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy

The information on this site is from external sources that are not under our control.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.