The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

The 30-year-old who was gang-raped speaks for the first time: "My fear was that he would kill my children" - Voila! news


Two weeks after the rape and robbery, the woman recounts the moments of terror and struggle with the 22-year-old who broke into her home in the dead of night, and committed the acts in front of her children, "I bit him, dragged couches and tried to confront him"

About two weeks ago, a 30-year-old woman was raped and robbed by a young man from the Bedouin diaspora who broke into her house in a fence.

All this, while her three children, less than six years old, were present at home.

Today (Thursday) in her first interview with N12, she tells about the moments of horror, "I bit him, dragged couches and tried to confront him until I got to the point where he told me: 'If you don't keep quiet, I will kill you.' My fear was that he would kill my children and me - then I surrendered," she said.

The woman struggled with the suspect, and after he left she left with the children, knocked on the door of the apartment next door and asked the neighbors for help.

She told them what happened, and they called the police, who arrived shortly after.

"She was in shock, couldn't talk too much," the neighbors said.

She and the children sat in their apartment until she was taken to a hospital.

Her friend said that the woman moved into the building only about a month ago, and after the incident she went to her parents.

"She is very traumatized and is trying to recover, she and the children are undergoing psychological treatment."

According to her, her little son was the one who freed her from the cello tape the suspect used to tie her up."

According to the tenants, the suspect, Barakat Abu Essa, a 22-year-old Bedouin from the south, worked as a laborer in one of the nearby buildings, and watched from there.

They also said that he tried to open the door of the building and failed.

After that he climbed on the roof of a courtyard of a house, went up to the balcony on the first floor, took a chair and from there went up to the second floor.

"The tenants are under pressure, they brought people to install more cameras and also someone to strengthen the locks on the balconies and the front doors," said one of the neighbors.

"There were cameras, but we realized that it might not be enough. We are trying to regain our security."

After the rape, Abu Essa fled to the territories of the Palestinian Authority, where he was arrested after two days at the end of a long police chase.

At the same time, six other men were arrested, members of one family from the Bedouin diaspora who work in the fence.

  • news

  • News in Israel

  • Criminal and legal news


  • rape

  • a fence

Source: walla

All news articles on 2023-02-16

Similar news:

You may like

Trends 24h


© Communities 2019 - Privacy

The information on this site is from external sources that are not under our control.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.