The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Fernando Sabag Montiel, the detainee who tried to kill Cristina Kirchner, spoke: "I triggered and the shot did not go out"

2023-03-14T03:12:21.136Z


The main accused of the attack against the vice president last September, said from prison that he wanted to assassinate her "because of the situation in the country" and that "he acted alone."


Fernando Sabag Montiel, the main defendant for the attack on Cristina Kirchner in an assassination attempt that shocked the country last September, admitted that he tried to shoot the vice president but "the shot did not go off"

because "he was nervous"

.

He also maintained that he "is not sorry" and that he "acted alone" in an attempt to get rid of her girlfriend Brenda Uliarte, also arrested for her participation in the attack in Recoleta. 

My situation is very compromised

and I was looking for the media in a terrifying way”, he admitted in a conversation with producers of the official signal C5N from the Ezeiza prison, where he has been detained since last year.

Sabag Montiel is being prosecuted with pretrial detention after pointing a gun at the former president's head on September 1, 2022, in front of his home.

In parallel to his winding story, the confessed attacker tried to detach the other main defendant from the fact: “I did it on my own motus.

Do you understand?

They are making up a story and I acted alone

.

Regarding the attack, I have the evidence here: Brenda Uliarte has nothing to do with it”.

When asked about the reasons why he tried to assassinate Cristina Kirchner, he was blunt:

"Basically because of the situation in the country

. "

He then explained that

the weapon he used “was loaded”

and that he “pulled (sic) the trigger”, but

“the shot didn't go out”

.

“The gun had five bullets.

Then they planted bullets in my house that I didn't have.

They put drugs saying that he was a drug addict.

They are defenestrating, giving an image,

inflating more than I am

, when I am not everything they say I am, ”she said.

Fernando Sabag Montiel with a weapon, an image that came to light after the attack on Cristina Kirchner.

In addition, he said that the day the attack occurred,

"I was nervous"

because of

"so much tumult and so many people"

who had come to greet the vice president in the Recoleta neighborhood.

"Imagine the nerves of being in a place, of pulling the slide (sic),

I pulled the bolt back

and when I pulled the trigger the shot didn't come out," he insisted.

Finally, they asked him if he was

sorry

and he answered with a resounding

“no

”.

How the contact with Fernando Sabag Montiel with C5N was generated

In

C5N

they explained how the telephone contact with Sabag Montiel took place.

In the first place, they assured that

the defendant sent a letter addressed to Diego Luciani

, one of the prosecutors who intervened in the trial by Vialidad against the vice president and who accused Cristina Kirchner who was sentenced to 6 years in prison and disqualified for life from hold public office, after being found responsible for the crime of fraudulent administration.

Luciani has no intervention in the case involving Sabag Montiel, although the detainee had a fixation on his figure on social networks.

The note at the end contained "a telephone number

belonging to the

Continuous Observation area of ​​the Ezeiza prison

", where the defendant is detained, they maintained in C5N.

In this context,

producers made the call and the person who answered

, always according to the same story broadcast on the channel,

was Sabag Montiel himself

.

The audio was published during Gustavo Sylvestre's program, with a clear

prior editing process

.

Sabag Montiel explained that the weapon "was loaded" and that he "pulled the trigger", but "the shot did not go out"

When asked where he knew Luciani from, he stated: "

I knew him from TV before

, because it is obvious that Luciani had a fight."

"It is he who has the causes that he has problems with Cristina," she argued, in an ambiguous and imprecise way.

The judicial situation of Fernando Sabag Montiel

Despite the wishes and pressures of Cristina Kirchner, last week the Buenos Aires Federal Chamber asked federal judge

María Eugenia Capuchetti to close the investigation of the case

investigating the attack on the vice president, and to bring the defendants

Fernando Sabag

to trial

Montiel, Brenda Uliarte and Nicolás Carrizo, a secondary participant in the accusation and known as the boss of the "Copitos", the band of cotton candy vendors in which the two main defendants moved.

The chambermaids Leopoldo Bruglia, Pablo Bertuzzi and Mariano Llorens responded to a request from Carrizo's lawyer, who had demanded the cessation of the detention of his client.

In the resolution to which

Clarín

agreed , they then decided that the best response to this claim was to speed up the closure of the investigation and for the file to pass into the hands of an Oral Court.

In this section of the investigation there are only three defendants.

The accusations are firm

as well as the actions of Judge María Eugenia Capuchetti were supported.

Cristina Kirchner challenged the magistrate on two occasions

, accusing her of not advancing the investigation on a particular axis: the political motive.

The circuit raised by the complaint is that the Federal Revolution, with some link to a certain Macrista sector, was behind the attack of which he was a victim in September 2022. Capuchetti was decisive in maintaining that, for the moment, there is no link in this regard.

The attack against Cristina Kirchner

The events under investigation occurred on Thursday, September 1, 2022 after 9:00 p.m., outside Cristina Kirchner's apartment in the Recoleta neighborhood.

The sequence is already known: the young man of Brazilian origin approached a few centimeters from the vice president holding a pistol "fit to shoot" and triggered.

The shot never came

.

"It is allowed to conclude, to the degree required by this stage, that Fernando Sabag Montiel, taking advantage of

the state of defenselessness

generated by the crowd

, tried to kill the Vice President of the Nation

through the use of a firearm, in accordance with the criminal plan premeditated by both defendants", said the judge in her resolutions.

When detailing the reasons why the shot did not materialize, the magistrate indicated: "This event

did not materialize for reasons beyond their control

and from the immediate reaction of the people who were in the place, who managed to reduce the defendant instantly preventing him from continuing with his actions".

IS/DS

look also

La Cámpora came out to question the new goals with the IMF without mentioning Sergio Massa

Chaos on 9 de Julio: picketers marched to Social Development and camped to demand the Potenciar Trabajo plans

Source: clarin

All news articles on 2023-03-14

Similar news:

You may like

Trends 24h

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy

The information on this site is from external sources that are not under our control.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.