The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Luise (12) killed by girls: warning of "modern form of witch hunt" - search for murder weapon ended

2023-03-16T12:25:37.592Z


Luise (12) from Freudenberg is said to have been stabbed by two children. The police are holding back on many details. The murder weapon is still missing. The news ticker.


Luise (12) from Freudenberg is said to have been stabbed by two children.

The police are holding back on many details.

The murder weapon is still missing.

The news ticker.

  • No

    further

    trace

    of the

    murder weapon

    : search at the scene of the crime has so far been unsuccessful

  • Violent crimes

    against

    Luise

    (12)

    shocked

    : What is known about the case and the motive?

  • After

    Luise

    's

    death

    : suspect girls handed over to the youth welfare office

  • This 

    news ticker

     on the case of Luise in 

    Freudenberg

     (NRW) is 

    updated

    regularly .

Update from March 16, 12:03 p.m

.: Luise’s death leaves you speechless.

On the other hand, there are still many unanswered questions.

The murder weapon has not yet been found

(see also update from March 15, 2:48 p.m.)

.

The search for the murder weapon has now been stopped, reports the

Siegener Zeitung,

citing the Siegen public prosecutor's office (NRW).

Despite an enormous effort, the search measures have not led to any results so far, said senior public prosecutor Patrick Baron von Grotthuss, spokesman for the Siegen public prosecutor's office.

The search for the murder weapon was stopped due to a lack of prospects of success.

So it's supposed to be a knife.

Where the murder weapon is located cannot be precisely defined and the local conditions are extremely adverse.

'Modern Witch Hunt' - Detectives strongly condemn social media activities

Update from March 16, 8:29 a.m

.: The case of the killed Luise is shocking.

The alleged perpetrators are not criminally responsible for reasons of age (12 and 13) and cannot be charged.

To do this, the personal rights of the two girls and their families must be protected.

But all three went to the same school.

Names and photos that are said to belong to the two suspects spread on social media.

Especially on the TikTok placeform.

The Federal Chairman of the Association of German Criminal Investigators (BDK), Dirk Peglow, warned against sharing pictures, names or alleged social media profiles of the suspected Freudenberg perpetrators on the Internet.

"The distribution of personal data or pictures of alleged suspects by private individuals in social media represents a modern form of witch hunts," Peglow told the

editorial network Germany

(

RND

).

Update from March 16, 6:23 a.m .

: After three days of mourning and time for discussions, lessons are to take place again for the first time on Thursday, March 16, 2023 according to the timetable at the school of the killed Luise.

Psychologists and experts from the district government are still working at the school, said Christoph Söbbeler, spokesman for the responsible Arnsberg district government on Wednesday. 

The death of Luise from Freudenberg is difficult to understand and extraordinary.

Two girls aged 12 and 13 confessed to stabbing Luise (12).

At the scene of the crime in a remote valley on the border of North Rhine-Westphalia and Rhineland-Palatinate, the flowers and candles that had been laid down were wrapped in a white blanket on Wednesday morning: snow had fallen during the night.

He gave something peaceful to the place where the cruel act took place.

After the death of Luise (12): School slowly returns to classes

Update from March 15, 8:43 p.m

.: At the school of the killed 12-year-old Luise in Freudenberg near Siegen (North Rhine-Westphalia), the classes should gradually return to class on Thursday (March 16) according to the timetable.

For three days, the students and teachers took the time to talk and mourn the crime.

This process is far from over, said the spokesman for the responsible Arnsberg district government, Christoph Söbbeler, on Wednesday.

Nevertheless, the way back to normal school operations should gradually be taken.

"But there's no pressure at all," he said.

Where students still want to have conversations, regular classes take a backseat.

Psychologists and experts from the district government are still working at the school.

They conducted one-on-one discussions and also support the teachers in starting good conversations with their classes and responding to the students' emotions.

Update from March 15, 8:14 p.m

.: In the case of the killed twelve-year-old Luise, the State Youth Welfare Office of North Rhine-Westphalia has no procedure ready for dealing with the alleged perpetrators.

"There has never been a case like this and accordingly we have no standard procedure for it," said a spokesman for the authorities on Wednesday in Cologne.

The local youth welfare office must find a solution on its own initiative - with or against the parents of the girls who confess.

"The case is so special that there is no procedure for it," said the spokesman.

After the death of Luise (12): Alleged perpetrators need protection

Update from March 15, 5:28 p.m .

: The death of Luise from Freudenberg (NRW) leaves you speechless.

Two girls, one 12 and the other 13, confessed to stabbing Luise.

Child violence is difficult to understand.

The two alleged perpetrators now need care and protection, "even if that might contradict the first impulse you have," explains Jan Oude-Aost, a specialist in child and adolescent psychiatry, in an interview with 24RHEIN from

IPPEN.MEDIA

.

No further trace of the murder weapon: search at the scene of the crime has so far been unsuccessful

Update from March 15, 2:48 p.m .

: There is still no trace of the murder weapon in the case of Luise who was killed, as the Koblenz public prosecutor announced on Wednesday.

More than 30 police forces combed the area at the crime scene in the border area of ​​Rhineland-Palatinate and North Rhine-Westphalia on Tuesday.

"The search for the murder weapon has so far been unsuccessful," says a statement from the Koblenz public prosecutor's office.

Further information on the exact course of events, the identity of the suspected children, their current whereabouts and any further measures or a possible motive could not be published at the moment, even if asked.

The public prosecutor's office refers to the privacy protection of the victim's family and the underage suspects.

The public prosecutor's office in Koblenz also announced that the public prosecutor's office in Siegen (NRW) took over the further investigation because the two suspected children lived in North Rhine-Westphalia.

The crime scene principle no longer applies, but due to the age of the perpetrators, the seat of the responsible youth welfare office in Siegen-Wittgenstein. 

+

Great sadness after Luise's death: "Stunned - speechless - helpless" can be read on one page of a condolence book.

© Roberto Pfeil/dpa

Freudenberg: Luise (12) and her perpetrators were apparently good friends

Update from March 15, 1:26 p.m .

: After the death of twelve-year-old Luise, psychologists and experts at the school support the teachers in discussions with the children and young people.

Normal classes are not yet taking place again, said Christoph Söbbeler, spokesman for the responsible Arnsberg district government.

"At the moment, the school is the place where exchange and mourning are possible for the students." After it became known that Luise was probably stabbed by two 12- and 13-year-old girls from her circle of acquaintances, the need for discussion was again big, said Soebbeler.

According to media reports, the alleged perpetrators are said to have gone to the same school.

The two students (12 and 13) knew Luise well.

According to ntv and picture,

there is even talk

of "girlfriends" .

Investigators are keeping quiet about why the deadly argument between the three girls broke out on Saturday to protect the minors.

Update from March 15, 12:28 p.m

.: Police forces searched for the murder weapon on Tuesday.

Officially, the investigators have not yet received any information about the discovery of a murder weapon.

Apparently it should be a nail file, reports the

Siegener Zeitung,

citing investigators.

So far, no murder weapon has been found.

The chief public prosecutor in Koblenz Mario Mannweiler informed the newspaper.

After the death of Luise (12) - the public prosecutor comments on the motive of the alleged perpetrators

First report from March 15, 2023

Freudenberg/Koblenz – The death of Luise (12) from Freudenberg (North Rhine-Westphalia) stunned many people.

First, the twelve-year-old disappeared without a trace on the way home to her parents' house.

Her body was found in a wooded area near a railway tunnel on Sunday.

The location was not on the way home.

The police are assuming a homicide.

Two days later, more shocking news follows: two girls aged 12 and 13 are said to have stabbed Luise with a knife.

The two girls cannot be punished.

Criminal law does not apply to suspected perpetrators that young.

Violent crimes against Luise (12) from Freudenberg shocked: What is known about the case and the motive?

The investigating authorities are holding back in the Luise case.

The alleged perpetrators must be protected - precisely because they are still children themselves, emphasized the chief public prosecutor in Koblenz, Mario Mannweiler, at a press conference on Tuesday.

The two girls are said to have killed Luise with "numerous stab wounds".

The 12-year-old died from the blood loss that followed, according to the results of the autopsy.

The investigators tracked down the two suspected girls through contradictions in their statements.

When they were questioned again, the children were confronted with it on Monday.

Eventually they confessed to the crime.

Regarding the motive of the two girls, Mannweiler said: "What children may have as a motive for an act might not be apparent to an adult." “.

It is also unclear whether the police found the murder weapon.

Investigators searched the scene again Tuesday morning.

Case Luise from Freudenberg: What is known about the two suspected girls?

According to the investigators, the two suspected girls should come from Luise's circle of acquaintances.

Whether from the family environment or from school was not mentioned.

The authorities had not noticed the two beforehand.

Killed Luise: Suspect girls handed over to the youth welfare office

The suspect girls are currently not with their parents, but "outside the home environment", said the responsible district of Siegen-Wittgenstein.

"This is also linked to the fact that the children do not attend their previous schools." Because of their young age, the girls have contact with their families.  

"Because of the young age of the girls, contact with the family is very important for the development of successful support and is supported in this respect," the district said.

For the two suspects, it is also a “very unusual situation that requires a lot of empathy and prudent action,” said district youth department head Thomas Wüst.

The group is also in contact with the family of the 12-year-old who died.

"As soon as Luise's family wants it, the district youth welfare office is always available to support the family," said the district administration.

The youth welfare office that was turned on could order measures for educational assistance, said lawyer Arndt Kempgens according

to

wa.de.

In addition, the family background would be examined.

The alleged perpetrators are threatened with placement in child and adolescent psychiatry with the approval of a family court.

According to Section 1631b of the German Civil Code, this takes place "if this is necessary for the child's well-being, in particular to prevent significant harm to oneself or others, and the danger cannot be countered in any other way," explains lawyer Arndt Kempgens.

Some parents in the small town were extremely unsettled by this fact.

A father reported that he would no longer let his children go to school alone.

Luise (12) from Freudenberg did not arrive home on Saturday evening (March 11, 2023) after visiting a friend.

You can read about the events here.

(ml)

List of rubrics: © Ina Fassbender/afp/Police

Source: merkur

All news articles on 2023-03-16

Trends 24h

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy

The information on this site is from external sources that are not under our control.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.