The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Missing Luise (12) allegedly killed by two girls – the murder weapon apparently still cannot be found

2023-03-16T11:07:30.663Z


Luise (12) from Freudenberg was allegedly murdered. Two girls of a similar age confess to the crime. The police are looking for motives. News in the ticker.


Luise (12) from Freudenberg was allegedly murdered.

Two girls of a similar age confess to the crime.

The police are looking for motives.

News in the ticker.

  • Prime Minister "stunned"

    : Hendrik Wüst speaks of a "deeply disturbing peak of violence against minors"

  • Twelve and 13-year-olds are the alleged perpetrators

    : The police confirmed on a PK that two minors are suspects.

    Luise died from "numerous knife wounds".

  • Missing Luise

    (12) is

    dead

    : Female body discovered in tunnel – police confirm homicide

  • This ticker on crime in Freudenberg (NRW) has ended.

    Here you will find the sequel from March 15th.

Update from March 15, 9.45 a.m .:

After

Violent crimes against Luise from Freudenberg still leave many unanswered questions.

But what is known about the case leaves many stunned.

Two girls from the circle of acquaintances are said to have killed the twelve-year-old with numerous knife wounds.

According to the investigators, Luise had bled to death.

The two suspected girls are currently not with their families.

They don't even go to their previous schools.

The two 12- and 13-year-olds were "housed outside the home environment," said the Siegen-Wittgenstein district responsible.

"This is also linked to the fact that the children do not attend their previous schools."

The girls would still have contact with their parents.

"Because of the young age of the girls, contact with the family is very important for the development of successful support and is supported in this respect," the district said.

For the two suspects, it is also a “very unusual situation that requires a lot of empathy and prudent action,” said district youth department head Thomas Wüst.

After Luise's death: the police are silent on the motive of the suspected children

Update from March 15, 6:50 a.m .:

After the violent crime against twelve-year-old Luise from Freudenberg in North Rhine-Westphalia, the police and public prosecutors are investigating the background to the case.

It was initially unclear whether the police had already found a murder weapon.

The investigators did not provide any information on the motive, with reference to the children who were still under criminal responsibility.

Two girls, ages 12 and 13, have confessed to stabbing the 12-year-old.

The alleged perpetrators and the victim are said to have known each other.

Experts describe the violent death of twelve-year-old Luise from Freudenberg as

an absolute rarity.

But the crime statistics show: The cases of homicides with underage suspects in Germany have recently increased significantly.

"Young people are more impulsive, the hormonal changes during puberty increase the tendency to aggression," says child and adolescent psychiatrist Helmut Remschmidt to the

editorial network Germany (RND)

However, serious acts of violence are very rare.

"In 40 years I have never seen two girls of this age stab another girl," says Remschmidt.

In his opinion, the search for a motive is now very important.

Federal Minister of Justice Marco Buschmann was deeply shocked on Tuesday evening.

Children under the age of 14 would not be prosecuted, "but our legal system knows other ways to react, such as child and youth welfare law and family law," said the FDP politician to the German Press Agency.

+

Flowers and candles were laid where the dead girl Luise was found.

Numerous knife wounds were found during the autopsy of the body.

The twelve-year-old girl was found dead on Sunday near a cycle path in Rhineland-Palatinate, right on the state border with North Rhine-Westphalia.

© Roberto Pfeil/dpa

Luise (12) from Freudenberg is dead: horror at the Federal Minister of Justice

Update from March 14, 9 p.m.:

The violent death of twelve-year-old Luise from Freudenberg also caused horror for Federal Minister of Justice Marco Buschmann (FDP).

"The fact that two little girls apparently committed this heinous act is hard to understand and is deeply affecting," Buschmann told the

German Press Agency (dpa)

in Berlin on Tuesday.

However, he does not see any need for legislative action, such as lowering the age of criminal responsibility.

Such crimes are usually not without consequences, he stressed.

Although the children could not be prosecuted, "but our legal system knows other ways to react, such as child and youth welfare law and family law," said Buschmann.

"Today, however, the death of the little girl and the terrible circumstances just make me sad," he added.

Luise (12) from Freudenberg is dead: the public prosecutor speaks out

Update from March 14, 6:35 p.m.:

It is unclear why the alleged perpetrators killed twelve-year-old Luise as children.

To protect the girls, the investigators cannot give an answer.

Precisely because they are still children, emphasized Mario Mannweiler, senior public prosecutor in Koblenz, to the

German Press Agency (dpa)

.

"What children might have a motive for an act might not be apparent to an adult." In view of the numerous stab wounds, it is reasonable to assume "that some emotions played a role," says Mannweiler.

The murder weapon has not yet been found.

Police officers searched the area around the crime scene again on Tuesday.

Since the two girls are under the age of 14, there are no criminal consequences.

The alleged perpetrators are now in the care of the youth welfare office, said the senior public prosecutor.

Now psychologists, psychiatrists and parents are in demand.

"The actual work is only just beginning." According to experts, the measures that the two girls should take now depend on the individual case, the

dpa

reported .

Psychiatric treatment is possible – even in a closed facility.

Support for parents in bringing up children is also conceivable.

Missing Luise (12) is dead: an expert speaks of "very" rare crimes

Update from March 14, 4:50 p.m .:

Criminologist Christian Pfeiffer speaks of “extreme individual cases” after the violent death of Luise (12).

Such crimes are "very, very rare," the scientist told

Focus

.

According to statistics, violent crime has been falling significantly for years – especially among young people.

However, this trend could "change right now," admitted Pfeiffer.

This is partly due to the lifting of the corona measures.

"Such atrocious acts of violence do not appear out of nowhere," he stressed.

"You have a history.

Your own experiences of suffering always play a role.

You always become a victim first, then a perpetrator.

This is especially true for children and young people. ”North Rhine-Westphalia’s Prime Minister Hendrik Wüst (CDU) recently pointed out that criminal and violent crimes by young people had increased – including children under the age of 14.

"For all we know, this act is a deeply disturbing culmination of underage violence," said Wüst.

The Prime Minister was "stunned" after the death of the twelve-year-old, who was allegedly killed by two people of the same age.

Case Luise (12): "Numerous knife wounds" and great loss of blood led to death

Update from March 14, 2:15 p.m .:

“Numerous knife wounds” and great blood loss led to the death of twelve-year-old Luise.

The police and the public prosecutor announced these findings at a press conference.

The alleged perpetrators are 12 and 13 years old - and therefore not of criminal age according to Section 19 of the Criminal Code.

The two suspected girls have confessed to the crime, it said.

After their first hearing, contradictions emerged.

They were then questioned again on Monday.

They would have admitted the fact.

The children under criminal responsibility are now in a “protected place”.

After the press conference, many questions remain unanswered.

The motive for the crime, the course of the crime and further information about the suspects were not provided to protect them.

+

Missing girl (12) from Freudenberg was found dead.

The police are assuming a homicide.

© Roberto Pfeil/dpa/Police

Missing Luise (12) is dead: the police have been informed – the murder weapon has not yet been found

Update from March 14, 2:05 p.m .:

The journalists present are now asking questions.

However, the background to the crime, the motive and the condition of the alleged underage perpetrators are not given.

"We will not provide any information on this, it is simply not possible." We have already asked for your understanding that information about the children will not be published to protect them.

When asked by a journalist, it was said that the murder weapon had not yet been found.

Information about what kind of knife it was specifically is also not given.

"I also want to make it clear that none of us will provide any further information about the immediate events that led to the death," stresses senior public prosecutor Mannheimer again.

The case will now be placed in the hands of the youth authorities.

Update from March 14, 1:55 p.m .:

In the course of the investigation, contradictions had arisen, “that more and more detailed information from the population from witness and resident surveys contradicted the findings that we had from the children’s surveys”, now explains the head of the commissioner for capital offenses, Mr. Locker.

The children were heard again on Monday.

The hearing took place in the presence of the legal guardians and with psychiatric and psychological support.

Ultimately, it came to "that the children also admitted the crime".

The information could also be objectively verified.

Police confirm two girls as suspected perpetrators – and name the cause of death

Update from March 14, 1:47 p.m .:

The senior public prosecutor Mario Mannweiler now provides information about the current status of the investigation.

The case is special, he cannot give much information to the public, so Mannweiler.

The missing girl "was the victim of a violent crime".

An autopsy was ordered yesterday.

"According to the results of the autopsy, the child died as a result of numerous knife wounds," says Mannweiler.

Luise suffered a great loss of blood.

It can be assumed that the girl was killed where she was found.

Based on the investigative situation, "we have to assume that the crime was committed by two children."

Due to the age of the two suspects, the investigators assume that they are not criminally responsible.

He confirms that they are 12 and 13 years old.

For legal reasons, Mannweiler does not give any details about the possible motive or the course of events.

There is no evidence of other people involved.

"The fact is of course very shocking - for us too," he says.

Update from March 14, 1:40 p.m .:

The press conference begins.

At the beginning, Daniel Gercke speaks from the Siegen police.

He reports on the search for twelve-year-old Luise, when her parents reported her missing on Saturday.

At first, investigators assumed that the girl disappeared from a friend on her way home.

A wooded area was searched all night.

The dog handler reported "the discovery of a lifeless female person" early Sunday morning.

Update from March 14, 1:23 p.m .:

The press conference in Koblenz on the case of the dead Luise will begin shortly.

The police and the public prosecutor's office provide information on the current status of the investigation.

Among other things, the autopsy result should be announced.

Among other things, the senior public prosecutor Mario Mannweiler will speak.

In the meantime, the police are once again looking for clues around where the body was found in neighboring Rhineland-Palatinate.

A local spokesman said a good 30 officers were involved in the search.

Dogs or technical aids are initially not in use.

The point is not to overlook any clues in the vicinity of where the body was found.

Missing Luise (12) dead: two girls (12, 13) under suspicion

Update from March 14, 11 a.m.:

In the case of the killed twelve-year-old girl from Freudenberg in Siegerland, two girls are suspects.

According to dpa information, they are twelve and 13 years old.

"Bild" and RTL had previously reported.

Update from March 14, 10:41 a.m .:

As the police confirmed, in the case of Luise who was killed, children of the same age as the victim were also questioned.

It is "quite normal" to listen to people of the same age in such cases.

However, as the first media reports, there are actually two underage suspects: RTL

reported on Tuesday morning

that children may be associated with the student's death.

According to information from the

Bild newspaper,

these are two girls aged 12 and 13.

This information has not yet been officially confirmed.

As the

image

further reports, an object is said to have been found at the crime scene that can be assigned to one of the children.

When asked by

Merkur.de

from

IPPEN.MEDIA,

the police did not want to confirm this information.

If there are new findings in the case, they would be published immediately, it said.

Update from March 14, 9.55 a.m .:

The investigations into the case of the killed Luise are in full swing, there are surveys.

The police have also held talks with children.

A police spokesman said Tuesday morning.

It is "quite normal" to listen to people of the same age in such cases, they say.

We are hoping for any clues as to what is going on.

Update from March 14, 6:17 a.m .

: In the case of the killed Luise from Freudenberg, there is apparently a concrete lead, according to media reports.

The cause of death of the 12-year-old is not immediately known.

The results of the autopsy are expected to be available on Tuesday.

What happened to the girl?

The child has become the victim of a crime, police and prosecutors said on Monday.

However, many questions are still open.

Update from March 13, 7:58 p.m .:

In the case of the killed twelve-year-old from Freudenberg in Siegerland, the investigators are hoping for decisive information from the autopsy result, which is expected for Tuesday.

The result of the investigation is expected to be announced in the morning, a spokesman for the Koblenz police headquarters announced on Monday evening.

He did not provide any further information.

Girl from Freudenberg victim of a crime: the police probably have a concrete lead – but the details are puzzling

Update from March 13, 2:20 p.m

.: The police investigation is in full swing.

There have been initial interrogations and hearings of witnesses, reports the WDR, citing a police spokesman.

According to their own statements, the police are not providing any further information at this time for tactical reasons.

Apparently you already have a concrete lead.

The

Siegener Zeitung

claims to have learned this from police circles.

There is no specific danger to the population.

The 12-year-old disappeared on Saturday evening (March 11).

She was on her way home after visiting a friend.

The shortest route (about three kilometers) between the friend and her home is through a piece of forest near a tunnel.

But Luise did not arrive at home.

The girl was last seen on a street near a former railway tunnel on Saturday night.

The location of the corpse is not on the girl's way home, but in exactly the opposite direction of her actual way home.

However, investigators have not yet come up with an explanation for this.

Missing Luise (12) was the victim of a crime – an autopsy is to clarify the cause of death

Update from March 13, 11:22 a.m

.: The police confirmed a terrible suspicion on Monday.

The twelve-year-old was the victim of a crime.

An autopsy is scheduled to take place on Monday to determine the cause of death.

There is currently no evidence of a sexual offense.

The police are keeping a low profile on further details.

Missing Luise (12) is dead: Female body discovered in tunnel – police confirm homicide

Update from March 13, 10:36 a.m

.: The twelve-year-old girl from Freudenberg was the victim of a crime.

This was announced by the Koblenz police.

"The investigations carried out so far confirm the suspicion that the girl was the victim of a homicide.

There is currently no evidence of a sexual offense.

An autopsy of the corpse will take place today to determine the cause of death," the Koblenz police said on Monday morning.

Missing Luise (12) from Freudenberg (NRW) is dead – the police are silent about the cause of death

Update from March 13, 8:52 a.m .

: It is a sad certainty.

The missing 12-year-old from Freudenberg (North Rhine-Westphalia) is dead. After visiting a friend, the girl did not arrive home on Saturday evening.

Less than 24 hours later, the police confirmed that a body had been found near the former Wildenburg train station.

"We can confirm that the body found is the wanted girl from Freudenberg," the police said on Sunday evening.

Found Luisa (12): Police did not name the cause of death

Update from March 13, 7 a.m.:

After the death of the twelve-year-old from Freudenberg in North Rhine-Westphalia who had been missing since Saturday (March 11), the police continued their investigation into the circumstances of death on Monday.

The investigators had initially given no information on the cause of death “for reasons of investigation tactics”, the police said

.

It is not immediately known whether investigators suspect a crime.

Missing 12-year-old from Freudenberg is dead – body was discovered

Update from March 12, 8:40 p.m .:

The twelve-year-old from Freudenberg, South Westphalia, who has been missing since Saturday evening, is dead. The female body found on Sunday afternoon was the girl she was looking for, the Koblenz police said in the evening.

For reasons of investigation tactics, no information could yet be given about the cause of death.

Large contingent is looking for missing Luise (12): police discover female body in tunnel

First report from March 12, 4:28 p.m.:

Freudenberg – The search for the missing Luise from NRW is interrupted by a terrible find: a female body is discovered in a wooded area on Sunday afternoon.

It is still unclear whether it is the missing girl.

The Siegen police confirmed the discovery of a lifeless person.

Accordingly, the body was found in a forest above Freudenberg-Hohenhain.

(

Red. with agencies

)

List of rubrics: © Roberto Pfeil/dpa

Source: merkur

All news articles on 2023-03-16

Trends 24h

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy

The information on this site is from external sources that are not under our control.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.