An eight-month-old girl was treated in hospital, and immediately discharged, after yesterday in a church in Villafranca Tirrena, during the administration of baptism, she came into contact with drops of an acid or a highly diluted disinfectant in the baptismal font.
La Gazzetta del Sud writes it today, underlining that it was an accident.
According to an initial reconstruction, an uncle of the little girl felt a burning sensation during the ritual when she came into contact with the baptismal water and a few drops fell on the little girl's head and neck, with the 'affected' parts immediately reddening.
The little one was brought from
Investigations by the Carabinieri of Villafranca Tirrenica revealed that one of the parish priest's collaborators inadvertently filled a bottle that contained a residue of disinfectant liquid, or acid, whose nature is not yet known, in the belief that it was water.
The same bottle was then used to fill the baptismal font with water.
The family did not report the incident, believing that the incident was the result of carelessness committed in total good faith.