Three men were indicted on Thursday evening in the investigation for murder in an organized gang and open kidnapping after the discovery of a corpse on Sunday in a pavilion in Mantes-La-Jolie (Yvelines), the prosecution said on Friday, joined by the AFP.
These three suspects aged 32 to 34 were arrested on Sunday and Tuesday in Mantes-La-Jolie, Perpignan and Rennes.
The first was indicted by an investigating judge for murder in an organized gang and attempted murder, then placed in pre-trial detention.
The second was charged with murder in an organized gang, attempted murder and forcible confinement, before also being imprisoned.
The third, indicted for forcible confinement with voluntary release within seven days, was released under judicial supervision.
The defendants "
dispute the facts and blame each other for the homicide with contradictory statements
", said the prosecution on Thursday.
Read alsoUsed vehicles, targets of foreign networks and organized gang scams
The case began on Sunday afternoon, when a man - one of the suspects who will ultimately be indicted for murder in an organized gang - told a passerby that he had been sequestered in a pavilion with a friend by several armed individuals.
This man also said that his friend was still being held.
The passer-by then warned the local police who, suspecting the presence of weapons, requested the intervention of the RAID.
After entering the pavilion, locally known to be a squat, officers from the response unit found the body of a man there which showed signs of a gunshot wound.
A 25-year-old man's Algerian passport was found on his body.
The investigation was then entrusted to the judicial police of the department.