The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Telekom employees executed in underground car park: investigators explain the disturbing motive of the perpetrators

2023-05-26T02:59:38.547Z

Highlights: Christian N. was killed in a Bochum underground car park. The public prosecutor's office published his photo in the hope of obtaining clues to the perpetrator or perpetrators. The authorities published a photo of the victim – and were successful. A 26-year-old from Dortmund is strongly suspected of having fired the fatal shots. A 29- year-old man from Witten seems to have acted as an accomplice. The two suspects will be brought before a magistrate tomorrow, Thursday, at 11 a.m.



Christian N. was killed in a Bochum underground car park. The public prosecutor's office published his photo in the hope of obtaining clues to the perpetrator or perpetrators. Apparently with success. © Private

In March, a Telekom employee was found shot dead in an underground car park in Bochum. The authorities published a photo of the victim – and were successful.

Update from May 25, 2023: The press conference in the highly mysterious underground car park murder in Bochum brought light into the darkness on Thursday. "A 26-year-old from Dortmund is strongly suspected of having fired the fatal shots," investigators said. A 29-year-old man from Witten seems to have acted as an accomplice.

Apparently, the perpetrator and the victim Christian N. (58) met by chance and did not know each other before. The Dortmunder had gotten into a dispute with N. in traffic. He had taken a photo of the later perpetrator and refused to delete it. The 26-year-old then followed the 58-year-old man and found out where he lived. "Three days later, according to the investigation, he ambushed him in the underground car park in the morning and fired seven shots at the 58-year-old sitting in the car. Five of them would have hit, at least one also in the head.

Witnesses had discovered the 58-year-old dead in the driver's seat of his car on the evening of March 7. The engine was still running since the morning, as prosecutor Philipp Rademacher reported.

Among other things, through a radio cell evaluation, the two suspects, who are known to the police, finally became the focus of the investigators. On May 24, the access followed. During the searches, the forces seized a 9 mm handgun of the type "Viking" including ammunition in addition to various evidence. According to the current state of affairs, this is "probably the murder weapon," it says. Further investigations have been initiated in this regard by the Federal Criminal Police Office.

The suspects were brought before a magistrate, who ordered both of them to be remanded in custody.

Telekom employees shot dead in underground car park: Unusual manhunt is successful – investigators announce breakthrough

Update from May 24, 2023: Police report a breakthrough in the case of the slain Christian N. "On Wednesday, May 24, two men were arrested in connection with the homicide in Bochum's Hustadt."

After almost two months of intensive investigative work by the homicide squad, the Dortmund and Witten city areas were accessed early Wednesday morning. "Forces of the SEK arrested a 26-year-old from Dortmund and a 29-year-old from Witten. The Dortmunder was slightly injured in the attack, the Wittener remained unharmed," the press release of the Bochum police continues. Evidence had been seized. The two suspects will be brought before a magistrate. The investigators want to announce more details tomorrow, Thursday, at 11 a.m. in a press conference.

The case attracted nationwide attention last week when the public prosecutor's office published the photo of the victim (the details can be found in our initial report) – apparently with success.

Telekom employees shot dead in underground car park: police are looking for a cold-blooded perpetrator with a photo of the victim

First reported on May 22, 2023: Bochum - A little more than two months ago, the murder in the underground car park in Bochum caused a stir. The body of a 58-year-old man was discovered in a car. It was Christian N. He was sitting in the driver's seat of a parked car, was fatally wounded by several shots.

0

Also Read

Luise case: What experts say about the nature of the killing – and how the 12-year-old was seen at home

READ

Children find woman's body in schoolyard in North Rhine-Westphalia: arrest warrant issued against 17-year-old

READ

Unpunished after the death of Luise: What happens to the perpetrators now – first details known

READ

Two corpses, perpetrators from the prepper scene, dramatic radio message: Background to the Ratingen explosion

READ

"You don't kill out of love": Grief and indignation after bloody deed at the Obi market

READ

Fancy a voyage of discovery?

My Area

Killed in Bochum's underground car park: police are looking for the perpetrator with a photo of the victim

Witnesses had discovered N., by which time he had probably been dead for two days. The exact circumstances, perpetrators and motive are still unknown.

In mid-May, the officials announced that the police and the public prosecutor's office were "working intensively on the investigation of the homicide of March 7 in Bochum's Hustadt". Spectacular: The public prosecutor's office even gives the picture of the victim to the public in order to obtain new clues.

Telekom employee Christian N. was killed in an underground car park in Bochum

Prosecutor Philipp Rademacher is responsible for the not quite usual measure. He asked in conversation with Merkur.de of IPPEN. MEDIA expressly asked to mention the name of the murder victim and also that Nolte was an employee at Telekom. Background: The victim had no partner, no friends known to the police, only a very small family and apparently lived in complete seclusion.

There are no indications of a political murder, not of a sect, of a religious act or of one in the clan milieu. The victim also had no criminal record. So the investigators are faced with a mystery.

"We hope that the photo will make more people aware of the case – and that the perpetrator or perpetrators will have their face present. Maybe one or the other will feel the need to talk, confide in someone who can then give us the decisive clue."

Bochum perpetrator probably did not have a weapon in his hand for the first time

According to prosecutor Philipp Rademacher, several shots through the body and window hit the victim. "This was probably not the first time the perpetrator had a firearm in his hand."

The officers increase the reward for information to 5,000 euros and are looking for a previously unknown man who was in the immediate vicinity of the crime scene at the time of the crime. Investigators expect "important clues" from him.

Description of the witness wanted:

  • Male
  • 20-35 years
  • 170-180 cm tall
  • Athletic figure
  • Short, dark brown or black hair
  • Three-day beard
  • "Southeastern European" appearance
  • He was wearing a dark winter jacket (parka-like)

Murder in underground car park – police ask for clues to witnesses

The police ask the man to report urgently. The police have set up a hotline under the telephone number 0234/909-9, which is staffed around the clock. Witnesses are urged to report to the police with information.

Other criminal cases have recently kept NRW in suspense: On a school site in Recklinghausen, children discovered a woman's body on Monday (May 22). On May 17, a mother was found dead with her two children. In Ratingen, a man blew up his high-rise apartment. Several firefighters are seriously injured in the explosion. In addition, two children killed a 12-year-old girl in Freudenberg. The dramatic act against Luise made headlines for days.

Source: merkur

All news articles on 2023-05-26

Similar news:

You may like

Trends 24h

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy

The information on this site is from external sources that are not under our control.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.