The man suspected of having fatally stabbed this weekend in Belfort the former boyfriend of his ex-companion, whom he also wounded, was indicted for murder and placed in provisional detention, we learned Monday from the prosecutor's office of Montbéliard (Doubs). This drama, which occurred on the night of Friday to Saturday, "probably" took place against a background of jealousy, according to the same source, the defendant seeming a priori to have badly supported the break with his former companion.
The victim and his alleged attacker, respectively aged 42 and 34 according to the regional daily L'Est Républicain, are the fathers of two of the woman's three children, said the Belfort prosecutor's office. It relinquished jurisdiction this weekend in favor of the center of the investigation of Montbéliard, where the man was presented to a judge and indicted. He was banned from seeing his ex-girlfriend and had been convicted of violence against her, according to the same source.
Alcoholic" at the time of the facts, he had been arrested quickly and placed in custody, had told AFP the prosecutor of the Republic of Belfort, Jessica Vonderscher. According to the first elements, he would have attacked the two victims at the foot of the building where his former companion lives, according to the Belfort prosecutor's office.
He then stabbed the man who accompanied the young woman, who had a thumb severed while interposing, according to the same source. While in custody, he denied any homicidal intent, admitting, however, that a fight had broken out during which he had used his knife, it was added. The three children of the woman, aged 32 according to L'Est Républicain, "would be seven, four and one years old" and "did not witness" the murder, according to Jessica Vonderscher.