If you don't see the photos and videos on this page, please turn off the ad blocker.
Happy Awards 2022. (Photo: Israel Marketing Association)
This morning, the Israel Marketing Association, the Association of Advertising Companies and the Israel Management Center announced the start of submitting works for the 2023 epic competition, which examines effective marketing moves and provides a platform for the best campaigns and the people behind them.
The Effie Awards is an international competition held in more than 50 countries, including Israel, with the aim of promoting and empowering successful and effective marketing moves, and honoring the companies and brands that have led them. Over the years, the competition has become significant and prestigious among all those involved in marketing activity and in the marketing and advertising industry in Israel.
As every year, participating companies will be able to submit their effective marketing moves and results, in a framework that includes 21 categories: food, beverage, communications and media, finance, retail, automotive and transportation, media innovation, companies and digital products, and more, alongside the Platinum category, which examines long-term marketing achievements measured over time (between 3-5 years).
The Happy Awards are awarded after a rigorous judging process based on international metrics. Judging refers to the marketing strategy of the move, the creative execution and their impact on business results. The jury includes senior executives from the world of marketing, industry professionals and representatives of academia.
A taste of the campaigns that won last year's competition
At the 2022 AFI Awards, Tnuva was the big winner of the evening, when she took gold in the Platinum category for an impressive marketing achievement over the years under the title: "Israel's Dairy Company for an Alternative Protein Powerhouse".
Tnuva also won the Grand Epic Award for the successful marketing move "Storm in a Coffee Cup, Tnuva Alternative's Barista Series", which establishes Tnuva's leadership in the dairy substitutes market, which also won the Gold Award in the beverage category. Tnuva even won the gold award in the food category with the move: "We grew and understood: Tal HaEmek - yellow cheese for adults". All of Tnuva's winning moves are led by the McCann Group.
Tnuva Alternative's winning campaign in the beverage category
Mizrahi Tefahot Bank and advertising agency Reuveni Friedan IPG won gold in the finance category with the move: "Moving forward and remaining human"
Kimberly Clark and McCann Group won gold in the Electrical Appliances, Electronics and Home Goods category with "Nicole's Familyism"
Hamashbir 365 Holdings Ltd. and McCann Group won gold in the Social and Public Activities - Business Sector category, with the move: "L.A. for Violence Against Women"
The winning campaign in the social and public activity category with the move: "L.A. for violence against women" (Photo: Hamashbir 365 and the McCann Group)
Yad Sarah and the advertising agency Reuveni Friedan IPG won gold in the social and public activity category with the move: "The Epidemic of Loneliness"
So what's new in the Israeli Epic Awards?
This year, after receiving the conclusions of the dedicated committee established to improve competition, and after meetings with senior figures in the economy and the CEOs of advertising agencies, the competition management, together with the chairman of the competition, Mr. Ilan Siegel, CEO of Pelephone and Yes, decided on a number of dramatic changes:
- The submission forms have been modified to make the submission accessible, short and easy for marketing and advertising professionals.
- 50% reduction in the price of submitting a first paper in Phase A, excluding the Platinum and Non-profit categories.
- In order to provide a response to the measures that took place on the seam line between 2022-2023, this year it is possible to submit measures that began at the end of 2022 and continued in 2023, until the end of March.
- This year as well, the judging will be held in two rounds, one via Zoom and the other in person. Each discussion room will have a chairperson who will ensure that the discussion is professional. Only after a thorough discussion of each work will the judges award the grades of the works.
- Moves to glorify advertising companies and their VPs of marketing in the media.
- Changing the format of the winners announcement ceremony.
How do I submit nominees for the epic contest?
The nomination process will end on August 1, immediately followed by the commencement of the judging process, which consists of two rounds:
- In the first round, the works will be reviewed by a team of more than 60 judges, senior executives in the marketing worlds, professionals in industry and academia, who will score the works according to criteria set by the management of the international competition.
- In the second round, which will take place in October, there will be a frontal judging stage in which the judges will meet and discuss the finalists.
Ilan Siegel, Chairman of the Happy Competition and CEO of Pelephone and Yes: "I am proud to serve for the first time as Chairman of the prestigious and important competition in the Israeli marketing world. Marketing is becoming increasingly challenging in today's changing technological, media and advertising reality. This requires creativity and daring on the part of marketing and advertising personnel, who express their abilities and dramatically affect the organization and society. This year we promoted measures that will make it easier to participate in the competition. I invite everyone and call to take part in this year's epic and reveal the most prominent moves of 2022. Something good is happening in the epic competition."
As every year, a special judging panel composed of senior CEOs will rank the finalists in the prestigious Effie Platinum - Sustained Success category.
The winners of the epic competition will be announced in November 2023.
- Marketing & Digital
- Israel Marketing Association
- Happy Awards