A delicious and quick pastry: peanut butter croissants. © Simply Tasty
When French pastry meets an American filling.
This recipe is for all those with a sweet tooth who are hungry for sweets. You only need a few ingredients and you probably always have the canned croissant dough (you know exactly which one I mean) at home. Why not, with the unlimited variations you can conjure up from it. Whether it's nut nougat, chocolate or jam - whatever tastes good is allowed! Just like these sweet and quick peanut butter croissants.
Here's how to do it:
You only need a few ingredients:
- 150 g double cream cheese
- 80 g peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- In addition:
- Croissant ready-made dough, 6 pieces
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Icing sugar
The preparation is very simple:
- Preheat the oven to 180° degrees.
- For the filling: Mix cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar and an egg yolk until homogeneous.
- For the croissants: Unroll the dough and separate into triangles. Spread the filling on the dough and roll up the dough towards the tip and shape it into a croissant.
- Bake for 12 minutes until light brown.
- Allow to cool and dust with powdered sugar.
With just 5 ingredients, you can make these quick peanut butter croissants. You can find the recipe on Einfach Tasty. © Simply Tasty
Croissants and other sweet pastries are your absolute favorite dish? We can understand - we are no different! But you can prepare many more delicacies from ready-made dough. We provide the proof here:
- This sweet croissant casserole with berries breathes new life into pastries from the day before.
- These savory wild garlic cruffins take the choice between croissant and muffin off your hands.
- This hearty Easter wreath does not only shine in my eyes.
Are you a foodie and always on the lookout for delicious recipe ideas? Then sign up for our newsletter now and receive our latest creations directly in your e-mail inbox on a regular basis.