Independiente was able to finalize the sale of Sergio Barreto to Grupo Pachuca and the defender emerged from the club's quarry and traveled to Mexico. Before, he went to say goodbye to his classmates for Villa Domínico and had a gesture in gratitude to the institution that formed him since he was 8 years old: he donated 10 percent of his pass, which was his property.
In this way, already with 100 percent of Barreto's pass in his possession, the secretary general, Daniel Seoane, closed the operation in person in the northern country on Monday night. The Red will receive 2,200,000 dollars for 70 percent of this 24-year-old center. And he will keep the remaining 30 percent, for which Pachuca has an option for $ 500,<>.
"I always told my agent that I was going to donate 10 percent to help the club, I've been here since I was 8 years old. I never intended to leave as a free player, I wanted to go through the front door, "said the Checho after greeting those who were his teammates until these last hours.
He added: "I've been here for a lifetime, but I always dreamed of taking an important step in my career and that it would also serve the club." On the complicated situation that the team is going through, today in the relegation zone, he said: "I think my teammates are going to take this forward and we are going to get out of this situation." Barreto will sign a four-year contract, until 2027.
This sale was key for the red leadership since it may be the tip to untangle the tangle of inhibition for the debt of 5.7 million dollars with America of Mexico.
It is that Seoane will meet at this time with the main directors of the Aztec club because the idea is that the money that Pachuca will pay goes directly to America, which must define if it accepts that a part of that total amount is paid in two installments. If Independiente receives the okey, it will add the proceeds of the collection of its fans that Santiago Maratea promotes and that already exceeded 845 million dollars to complete the payment and settle once and for all this debt that has been more than four years late.
From Buenos Aires, President Néstor Grindetti and company hope that Seoane will return with good news so that he can begin to direct the Devil's economy.
Meanwhile, Ricardo Zielinski has to see how he manages without Barreto from now on. He will have to rethink the defense, which has been one of the weakest of his leaders. Joaquín Laso, who is the one who has been playing in place of Checho (he recovered from a knee sprain), is not giving guarantees. Other options are Patricio Ostachuk and Edgar Elizalde. Further down he has the youth Axel Poza, who has not yet debuted in the First Division.