Now even the Federal Minister for Family Affairs has commented on the allegations against Till Lindemann. Lisa Paus calls for rapid measures to protect women at concerts.
Update from June 6, 17:57 p.m.: The so-called "casting director" of the band Rammstein, Alena Makeeva, has apparently been relieved of her duties. According to consistent media reports from Welt and Bild, the Russian was banned by the management of the musicians with immediate effect from attending their concerts. Whether or not this personnel decision is in any way related to the recent allegations against Rammstein singer Till Lindemann is currently still open. Some women had also made serious accusations against Makeeva. The band denies the allegations. The presumption of innocence applies.
According to Der Spiegel, Makeeva had been working in Rammstein's environment for almost four years. However, she was not paid by the band and called herself a "casting director".
Band Rammstein hires lawyer after Lindemann allegations
Update from June 6, 16:51 p.m.: According to dpa information, the band Rammstein has turned on a law firm after the start of the current tour in Vilnius (Lithuania). The band wants to investigate the allegations in connection with the handling of their singer Till Lindemann (60) with women themselves. The aim is therefore to clarify the situation. This involves, for example, the use of drugs without the knowledge of those involved in the context of the concert.
Several women have made allegations against Rammstein frontman Lindemann in recent days, some of them anonymously. The women describe situations that they sometimes found frightening. Young women were selected during concerts and asked if they wanted to come to the after-show party. According to some women, sexual acts are also said to have occurred.
Four Rammstein concerts are planned in Munich from Wednesday. Some changes have already been announced there: For example, there will be no so-called row zero in Munich and no after-show parties. In addition, the management has announced an awareness concept, details of which are not yet available.
Serious allegations against Rammstein singer Lindemann – Minister intervenes
First reported on June 6, 14:32 p.m.: Munich/Berlin – The accusations are harsh: female fans who are recruited for sex, abuse of women in the environment of Rammstein concerts. In the wake of the accusations against Till Lindemann, frontman of the band, Federal Minister for Family Affairs Lisa Paus (Greens) has now also intervened. She calls for more protection for women at concerts and "quick and concrete" measures, such as special areas of protection and the deployment of awareness teams.
Family Minister Lisa Paus has spoken out after the allegations against Rammstein frontman Till Lindemann and calls for more safety for women at concerts. (Symbolic image) © dpa/Kollage
The allegations against 60-year-old Till Lindemann, singer of the rock band Rammstein, weigh heavily. From a legal point of view, the presumption of innocence still applies. And Rammstein as a band denies the allegations. But the multitude of accusations and reports is overwhelming. Most recently, in a 37-minute long, oppressive video, a YouTuber described what she and other girls experienced at Rammstein afterparties. For many, the question arises more and more whether one should still attend Rammstein shows at all.
Now the Lindemann case has even been taken up by the Federal Minister for Family Affairs, Lisa Paus. Protective measures must be discussed "quickly and concretely," she told the AFP news agency on Monday.
Shower only once a week? Experiment yields surprising results
29 instead of 49 euros: NRW reduces Deutschlandticket price for millions of people
Another mass brawl in the open-air swimming pool – around 20 young people involved
"Never experienced anything so terrible" – Turkey holiday ends in Moscow instead of Munich
Eurojackpot on Tuesday, 06.06.2023: These are today's winning numbers
Fancy a voyage of discovery?
Young people in particular need to be better protected from attacks.
Lisa Paus, Federal Minister for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth
Paus calls for better protection of women at concerts after Rammstein scandal
Paus called for changes in concert operations, such as areas of protection for women at concerts and the establishment of special awareness teams that are available as contact persons in the event of suspected sexual assault: "Young people in particular must be better protected from assaults here."
A serious debate about the responsibility of artists and promoters towards their fans makes sense.
Lisa Paus, Federal Minister for Family Affairs
Rammstein scandal: Minister wants to hold artists accountable with "alliance against sexism"
The Federal Minister for Family Affairs stressed to AFP: "A serious debate about the responsibility of artists and promoters towards their fans makes sense." Paus invited the music industry to join the "Alliance Against Sexism," which, she explained, "opposes all forms of sexism and sexual harassment."
Paus calls for abolition of groupie recruitment system "Row Zero" after Rammstein allegations
The 54-year-old strongly called for the abolition of the so-called "Row Zero" system. In Munich, on the occasion of the latest Rammstein allegations, three city council factions joined this demand. They submitted a motion to increase safety for concertgoers. Among other things, the application provides for an examination of whether "Row Zero" can be banned in the future for security reasons.
- What is the "Row Zero"?
- The term "Row Zero" is actually the area directly in front of the stage where the photographers who take photos during the first songs usually stay.
- However, the term refers to a specific area for which certain young women are selected to be at the front of a concert, right in front of the stage.
- According to reports from various women, it is not the musicians who choose the fans for the "Row Zero" at concerts of the band Rammstein. The girls are recruited weeks in advance by a casting director via various social media channels.
- Critics warn that women could be recruited for sexual acts from "Row Zero", eyewitness accounts of female concertgoers seem to confirm this assumption.
That should no longer be necessary. As reported by the Süddeutsche Zeitung, among others, the organizer, Propeller Music & Event GmbH, has probably decided after consultations at the weekend that there will be neither a "Row Zero" nor afterparties at the concerts in Munich. In doing so, the company anticipated potential regulatory requirements.