Over time, the doormat can accumulate dust, bacteria, stains and unpleasant odors. How to wash and maintain it?
- What are the vegetables and fruits of June?
With which product to clean a doormat?
There are carpet shampoos on the market that can be used to clean your doormat. Here are also some effective natural cleaning products to achieve a good result when cleaning doormats, without chemicals:
● Use soapy water, with mild soap, black soap, dishwashing liquid or detergent to thoroughly clean your doormat. Be sure to use a cleaning product that will not damage the doormat fibers.
● White vinegar is an excellent natural product to loosen and eliminate odors. Mix one part white vinegar with one part warm water and use this solution to clean it with a sponge.
● Baking soda is a powerful natural air freshener. Sprinkle the baking soda generously on your doormat. Leave on for a few hours, then brush and shake to remove residue.
Using very hot salt water can also be a good cleaning trick to scrub a carpet.
Can we put a doormat on the machine?
Most doormats can be machine washed, but this depends on the material and the manufacturer's specific instructions. Check the label for cleaning recommendations. Some rubber or coconut mats can be damaged by the washing machine.
- If your doormat can be machine washed
Use a gentle cycle with cold or warm water and mild detergent. Avoid using bleach, as this can discolor it. After washing, let the doormat air dry.
- If it does not go to the machine
Regular cleaning of your doormat remains essential to maintain its cleanliness and durability. Remove dirt by vigorously shaking the doormat outside (except coconut mat) and brush the stains with a hard brush or a broom with stiff bristles. You can also use a vacuum cleaner on woven or synthetic carpets.
Then gently rub your doormat with a small brush dipped in a solution of warm water and mild soap and rinse with plenty of water. For stubborn stains, use a half-water, half-white vinegar solution. Let stand for a few minutes before rinsing.
Read alsoHow to clean marble: 7 practical solutions
How do I remove bad odors from my doormat?
Doormats can often give off bad odors due to the accumulation of dirt and moisture. How to eliminate these unpleasant odors?
- Sprinkle baking soda on your doormat and let it act overnight. Bicarbonate will absorb odors. The next day, brush the doormat to remove the product.
- To neutralize odors, spray diluted white vinegar on your doormat and let it act for a few minutes before rinsing with clean water.
- Placing your doormat outside in the sun for a few hours can help eliminate bad odors.
A clean and fresh doormat is not only aesthetically pleasing, but it also helps keep your home clean. By following these simple tips, you will be able to effectively clean your doormat, remove stubborn stains and eradicate bad odors, thus extending its lifespan while preserving its appearance.