A new shooting attack on a school in Rosario, which this time left a six-year-old boy wounded by a bullet in the foot, led to the measure of force of the teachers who demand security and warn that "the situation does not stop getting worse."
The teachers gathered in the Association of Teachers of Santa Fe (Amsafe) decided to stop five hours on Wednesday in demand of urgent security measures following a shooting in the vicinity of the Ortolani School, in the Empalme Graneros neighborhood, in the northwest area of the city.
The situation continues to worsen. The shooting that wounded a first-grade boy from School 1319 is a leap in reality that can no longer be supported," warned the Rosario delegation of Amsafe, after a six-year-old student suffered a gunshot wound to the ankle, apparently caused when he was passing in front of the house of a woman who was shot.
The child remains hospitalized at the North Zone Children's Hospital, in the Arroyito neighborhood, and "is hemodynamically stable," sources from the aforementioned health center reported.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by AMSAFE PROVINCIAL (@amsafe_provincial)
"We summoned to the headquarters of the Ministry of Education so that the authorities give us the answers that the situation demands," said sources from Amsafe Rosario, who demand that Amsafe provincial "call for a strike throughout the province in defense of schools, the entire educational community, public schools and life," A spokesman for the union said.
The attack occurred around 17:30 p.m. in the area of Genoa and Cullen, when the school was in full business hours.
The child, 6 years old, suffered a minor injury to one of his legs and was transferred to the North Zone Children's Hospital. He is currently stable, while the pertinent studies are carried out to evaluate his health status in depth.
According to unofficial versions, it is suspected that the target of the attack could have been the father of the child, who was at the scene to pick him up at the end of the school day.
After the incident, the Radio Command managed to arrest one of the suspects in the La Cerámica neighborhood. The individuals tried to escape on the motorcycle, but were intercepted by the authorities. During the arrest, the suspect was found to be carrying a 9-millimeter caliber pistol and a cell phone that he tried to destroy at the time of arrest.
22-year-old shot dead in Sao Tome
A 22-year-old man was shot dead in a house in the south of the Santa Fe city of São Tomé and for the crime the police are looking for a suspect who fled the place after the attack.
The victim was identified as Franco Tinembart, whose body was found around midnight Tuesday by neighbors who heard the blasts and called 911 in front of a home on Calle 21, between 6 and 8, near the border of Santo Tomé with the city of Sauce Viejo.
The sources said that Tinembart was attacked by several gunshots by a suspect who fled after the attack.
The officers of the substation 23 and the Radio Command and the paramedics of an emergency service were received by five men who were visibly excited by the attack suffered by the young man.
As for the perpetrator of the homicide, the detectives of the Criminal Investigation Agency (AIC) took charge of the investigation, under the orders of the Prosecutor's Office, which as a first step ordered the performance of an autopsy.
Tinembart's was the 32nd homicide recorded so far this year in the department of La Capital, whose capital is the city of Santa Fe.