Two minors, aged 15 and 17, and a 20-year-old man were arrested Wednesday as part of an investigation into threats of attacks sent to several schools, forcing their evacuation, we learned Thursday, September 21 from a source close to the investigation.
The 15-year-old minor was arrested in Arpajon (Essonne), the 17-year-old in Combs-la-Ville (Seine-et-Marne) and the 20-year-old man in Tarbes (Hautes-Pyrénées), said the source, confirming information from M6 / RTL.
On Tuesday and Wednesday, high schools were evacuated in Seine-Maritime, Seine-Saint-Denis, Hautes-Pyrénées and Yvelines. In Seine-Maritime, seven schools had been evacuated Tuesday and eight others Wednesday, mainly in Rouen, following "messages of threats of commission of attacks" sent "in the morning of this Tuesday, by email, to the management of the establishments," according to the prefecture. "No threat has been (...) confirmed, "said the prefecture, specifying that an investigation had been opened by the prosecutor of the Republic of Rouen.
In Seine-Saint-Denis, about a thousand students of the Paul-Eluard high school in Saint-Denis were evacuated Tuesday morning after receiving a malicious email reporting a threat, said the prefecture of Seine-Saint-Denis to AFP.
In Tarbes, some 1400 students of the Marie-Curie high school were evacuated and grouped in the Maurice-Trélut stadium following an email threatening attack addressed to the principal, confirmed the prefecture. In the Yvelines, the Charles-de-Gaulle high school in Poissy was also evacuated after a bomb threat, a police source told AFP.