Status: 21/09/2023, 12:23 p.m.
By: Nina Dudek
A "blob" and the tea is ready. With a new product, Sebastian Kadhim and Kai Stork want to revolutionize tea drinking - sustainable and easier than ever.
Note to our readers: We create product comparisons and deals for you. To make this possible, we receive a commission from partners. This does not change anything for you.
Make tea quickly, easily and sustainably. That was the vision of founding duo Sebastian Kadhim and Kai Stork when they came up with the idea for their TeaBlobs. High-quality tea in different varieties is pressed into tablets that simply dissolve in hot water - without any tea bag waste or cumbersome sieve spills.
To the tea innovation
Sustainable tea without a bag that meets the spirit of the times
Kai emphasizes in the 14th season of "Die Höhle der Löwen" that 50 billion cups of tea are drunk in Germany every year. 76 percent of them in a tea bag: and they are not very environmentally friendly. A conventional tea bag can be packed up to four times – and causes waste. The TeaBlobs counter this unnecessary multiple packaging with a new sustainability trend. The Green Tea, Earl Grey, Rooibos and Fruit Tea varieties are packaged in environmentally friendly cardboard cans, which are said to save up to 70 percent waste compared to conventional tea bags.
What's in the new TeaBlobs?
The finest, hand-picked organic tea is the main ingredient in the TeaBlobs – but in a completely new dosage form. Sebastian and Kai process loose tea, which they press into practical tea tablets using only organic ingredients in a special process. These TeaBlobs dissolve in hot water within seconds. The result: a naturally cloudy tea with a natural tea set that connoisseurs like to drink.
The most popular varieties of TeaBlob
Fruity or rather mild? With the TeaBlobs you have the choice. © TeaBlobs
So far, the TeaBlobs are available in six different variants. One can is enough for 20 cups of tea and costs €6.99.
- TeaBlobs Green Mango
- TeaBlobs Spearmint
- TeaBlobs Earl Grey
- TeaBlobs Berry Hibiscus
- TeaBlobs Ginger Lemon
- TeaBlobs Rooibos Vanilla
Set of 4 TeaBlobs as a gift or for testing
Four fine varieties nicely packed on wood wool in the box. © TeaBlobs
Contains the varieties Green Mango, Rooibos Vanilla, Ginger Lemon and Green Tea Mint
Order TeaBlob Set of 4
Now the founders are striving to establish TeaBlobs throughout Germany. For this reason, they are looking for a strong partner in the field of distribution for food retailers. And this is where the "lions" come into play. For an investment of 100,000 euros, the founders offer 20 percent of the company's shares.
More exciting products from "Die Höhle der Löwen"
- dripoff pads: Suction pads for draining water from the toilet brush
- Natch: Sustainable toothpaste in tablet form
- Vegablum: Vegan mead honey wine
- Intimate cream by Dr. Vivien Karl: The lion's den becomes intimate
- Milli's magic cloths: Diaper insert for sensitive babies
- KitchBo Baking Mat: Baking with cylinders for extra crispy results
- Bello Ice Cream: Ice cream for dogs
- Writing pilot: This is how easy it is to learn how to write ABC shooters
- stack///grill: Grill and fire bowl in one
- Zebra Ice: Make your own vegan ice cream
- Fruping: Spice topping for fruit salad
- Wish capsule: Assemble your own dietary supplements
- Viva Maia Beauty: Care products with the knowledge of the Maya and Inca
- HOMB: Parents' backpack with child carrier function
- Paleo-Chair: Sitting like in the Stone Age
This article was created with the help of machines and carefully reviewed by editor Nina Dudek before publication.