In the video: Fire near the Gaza Strip as a result of incendiary balloons/Photo: Moshe Baruchi toured the JNF forests
This past week residents of the Gaza envelope dealt with five fires that consumed about 9 dunams of Jewish National Fund land, as a result of the launching of incendiary balloons from the Gaza Strip, two years after the end of balloon terrorism. Now, residents fear an escalation in the security situation, which will turn the balloons into rockets.
What they say:
- "We don't want to go back to the days we want to forget," says Merav Cohen, a resident of Kibbutz Ein HaShlosha, "I hope the government will take care of it. Dean balloon duly rocket. Balloon terrorism must not be made legitimate. A balloon that starts a fire near the Gaza Strip will end up being rockets to the center of the country."
- Kibbutz Nir Am's economic coordinator, Ofer Lieberman, added: "The Gaza envelope cannot live with burnt fields." "We expect the government, which was elected on security grounds, to do something with security in the envelope and return it to us. We don't want to go back to the days when we were on fire alert and with black fields."
Balloon launching at Israel, September 22, 2023/Documentation on social networks according to section 27A of the Copyright Law
- For the first time: Israeli minister on official public visit to Saudi Arabia
- Smotrich's brother attacks Ben-Gvir: "A populist with zero national responsibility"
- Documentation: Crawling under the gate – and stealing a Lamborghini
- A revolution in facial care: artificial intelligence and RF technology at home
The big picture:
- An IDF remotely manned aircraft attacked Hamas military positions in the Gaza Strip yesterday and yesterday, following the launching of incendiary balloons at the communities near the Gaza Strip and the continuation of riots along the border fence.
- The positions of the terrorist organization that were attacked were in the area of al-Bureij and Jabaliya, where the riots broke out. In the area of al-Bureij, an IED was even thrown at fighters, and there were no casualties.
- Also last Friday, the IDF attacked three Hamas positions in the Gaza Strip. This followed incendiary balloons launched from the Gaza Strip and violent riots along the border, during which dozens of Palestinians tried to sabotage the fence.
- According to security sources, "The closure of the Kerem Shalom and Erez border crossings is intended to make it clear to Hamas that terrorism on the border is unacceptable to the government. The IDF responded accordingly."
- More on the subject:
- Gaza envelope
- Incendiary balloons