The Union of School Directors (S2dé) denounced Wednesday, September 27, the suspension of a director of a kindergarten in Conches-en-Ouche, a commune of the Eure where was schooled a three-year-old girl who died after alleged violence by her mother and stepfather.
Tuesday, in addition to the suspension "as a precautionary measure" of the director, the rectorate announced that it had ordered "an administrative investigation to shed light on the chain of reporting of the facts by the services of the National Education". The girl, carrying "multiple hematomas" of different ages on the body, died in the night from Saturday to Sunday after arriving at the University Hospital of Rouen at 1:53, despite the intervention of the emergency services at the family home in Conches-sur-Ouche.
According to the prosecutor of the Republic of Evreux, Rémi Coutin, the girl "would not have been schooled the week before the tragedy" and "neither the gendarmerie, nor justice, nor the services of social assistance to children had been informed" of the "violence difficult to bear" suffered by the little girl. In a statement entitled "Opprobrium", the Union of School Directors of National Education (S2dé), regrets that the school director is "the ideal fuse to assume all the responsibilities, all the evils of our country".
We are responsible for everything while suffering all the failures of the system without the slightest means: no school life to call the families of absent students every morning, no secretariat to manage phone calls or emails in real time, no staff present in the corridors during classes, principals, for 80% of them, who have a dual task: teaching and leading," the statement continued.
The investigation will certainly establish the truth and the responsibilities of each but everyone should be guilty: the neighbors who heard the many disputes according to their own statements, the town hall of Conches-en-Ouche where this family lived, the shopkeepers where they made their purchases, the person who would have called 119 and the interlocutor who would have said to call back ...", lists the union, which says it has written to the Ministry of National Education to request "urgently an interview". "Yesterday we were shocked, today we are disgusted by this opprobrium," the statement concluded.
In the judicial aspect of this case, the mother and her partner were charged with murder of a 15-year-old minor and violence, and placed in pre-trial detention.