Status: 05.12.2023, 20:00 PM
By: Nico Bauer
The donation package at Tante Emma's is packed: (from left) Honorary Chairman Klaus Reichel, Chairman Johannes Becher and 2nd Chairman Ulrich Risse. © Farmer
This year, the Moosburg association Tante Emma e.V. is distributing more than 25,000 euros for social purposes. A total of 21 organisations from the region benefit from this.
Moosburg – Christmas presents are a cherished tradition at the Moosburg Tante Emma association. You get goods that are still in good condition as a gift and sell them in your own shop for a small price. In this way, the association helps socially disadvantaged people, counteracts the throwaway society and generates money that is donated to social purposes. This year, a new donation record of 25,420 euros was reached.
Club chairman Johannes Becher was almost bursting with pride. In the "most beautiful press conference of the year", he thanked his many volunteers and emphasized that the association had lived up to its priorities of "Social – Ecological – Humanitarian". And this was also evaluated in the distribution of donations, for which the association forms its own committee every year.
21 out of 22 funding applications were implemented
Tante Emma received 22 applications for funding from associations or institutions in the region, 21 of which received donations. An application had to be rejected because the project is not yet a registered association. However, this applicant is also expected to receive a donation in 2024.
(By the way: Everything from the region is now also available in our regular Freising newsletter.)
Johannes Becher reported on many different good deeds. For example, the Moosburg Mountain Costume Association receives support for the camp. In the open workshop FabLab in Freising, various saws are purchased. Marafiki wa Afrika from Freising receives money to purchase a moisture meter for a corn storage facility. At MibiKids e.V., Becher said "that the donation is the key to everything else." The association receives 90 percent of the financial expenses and has to somehow raise the remaining costs itself. The highest donation of 3500 euros goes to the Freising hospice group for the "Empty Cradle" project for grief counselling for families who have lost their child.
The list of recipients of donations from Tante Emma e.V.
- Step by step Tiefenbach 500 Euro
- TSV Moosburg Social pot 1000 Euro
- Phoenix Freising 2000 Euro
- Hospice Group Freising 3500 Euro
- Water rescue Moosburg 2000 Euro
- White Ring Freising 2000 Euro
- German Multiple Sclerosis Society 1000 Euro
- St. Pius Kindergarten Moosburg 500 Euro
- FabLab Freising 1200 Euro
- Caritas Day Care Center Courage 1000 Euro
- Asylum Helper Circle Zolling 1000 Euro
- MiBi Kids 1500 Euro
- Marafiki wa Africa 500 Euro
- Mountain Costume Association Moosburg 500 Euro
- Navis 2000 Euro
- Helferkreis Asyl Moosburg 1000 Euro
- Children's Aid Afghanistan 1000 Euro
- Big Friend Hallbergmoos Climbing Hall 500 Euro
- Big Friend Hallbergmoos Circus Project 1500 Euro
- Outpatient palliative care team Freising 1000 Euro
- Klasse 2000 e.V. Violence Prevention 220 Euro
You can find even more current news from the district of Freising on Merkur.de/Freising.