Dortmund (AP) - German U21 international Luca Kilian, who tested positive for the new corona virus, is still hoping to take part in Tokyo after the postponement of the Olympic Games in 2021.
"Olympia is of course not the main focus of a football player, but if the opportunity presents itself, it would of course be a mega experience and a really cool thing to represent his country," said the 20-year-old defender from SC Paderborn of the German Press Agency . The decision to move was not surprising. "The shift makes a lot of sense," he said. "Olympia is a huge event. It wouldn't make any sense to me without spectators."
Kilian was the first Bundesliga soccer player to be tested positive for the corona virus on March 13. This Friday, the two-week quarantine that he spent with his parents in Dortmund ends. "I've survived so far," he said of his state of health. "The nose may be a little bit closed, but on the whole I'm really fine again."
Squad SC Paderborn
Player profile of Luca Kilian