The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Coronavirus: Manchester City will not use short-time working

2020-04-05T15:24:29.255Z



While five Premier League clubs, Liverpool, Tottenham, Newcastle, Norwich and Bournemouth have announced in recent days that they have put their non-player staff on short notice due to the coronavirus pandemic, Manchester City does not intend to do so.

Read also: LIVE - Coronavirus: in Spain, the number of deaths continues to drop

The government system provides for 80% of the employee's income to be paid up to 2,500 pounds per month (or 2,800 euros). The remaining 20% ​​is sometimes taken care of by the club, like Liverpool.

The use of this measure by certain wealthy elite clubs including Liverpool, current championship leader, who announced in February pre-tax profits of 42 million pounds (47 million euros) for 2018/19, has caused many critics including those of former Reds Jamie Carragher and Stan Collymore.

»READ ALSO : Liverpool also opts for short-time working

The former glory of English football and TV consultant Gary Lineker also castigated the BBC's attitude on Sunday for " big clubs, which, one might think, could have been smart enough to try to help their employees more while the players are making so much money, "he said.

Liverpool’s supporters group Spirit of Shankly supported the club’s approach. " The use of the partial unemployment system maintains this commitment (to treat staff fairly) and guarantees all lower paid workers to continue to receive 100% of their salary. This should be seen as a positive, "said the organization.

Source: lefigaro

You may like

Sports 2020-03-26T14:15:23.155Z

Trends 24h

Latest

sports 2020/05/29    

© Communities 2019 - Privacy