Munich (dpa) - Marko Pesic from FC Bayern wants to counter the criticism of professionals about the season continuation of the basketball Bundesliga with clarification about the plans.
As soon as the hygiene and safety concept was explained in detail to the professionals on May 11, "many questions that the players have will be answered, many things will be put into perspective," said the managing director of the Munich basketball team at the ZDF "Sports Studio".
The BBL had submitted a concept to the authorities on May 7 to continue the season in June with a tournament with ten teams in Munich without spectators. A total of 36 games are to take place. "A player is the most important asset we have to protect," said former international Pesic. Trust is very important. "We won't push a player into anything that is at risk of injury."
Several players had recently criticized the actions of the league and clubs. Munich's Danilo Barthel said he wished the professionals had been more involved in the decision-making process. "I'm still waiting for the right explanation for the tournament," said Niels Giffey from Alba Berlin in the "Bild am Sonntag". "We are now playing in front of empty halls, have three weeks of mini-preparation - and then we should play. It is not optimal." The teams and participants should be isolated from the outside world during the tournament in a common hotel.
Information about BBL plans
ZDF sports studio
Giffey statements in picture