Jan Regensburg's players at the game against SC Paderborn on Friday
Photo: Matthias Balk / dpa
The DFB Cup quarter-final game between SSV Jahn Regensburg and Werder Bremen on Tuesday (6.30 p.m.) may have to be canceled or postponed.
In addition to head coach Mersad Selimbegovic, other corona cases occurred at the second division soccer club from Regensburg, said managing director Christian Keller at the press conference on Monday.
The club therefore expect the game to be relocated.
Werder Bremen is also “assuming that the game will not take place,” it said on the homepage on Monday.
How many people exactly tested positive for the corona virus, Keller did not say.
However, the entire support team and the team will probably have to be in quarantine, said Keller.
There was initially no official notification from the health department in Regensburg and the German Football Association (DFB).
Werder Bremen, however, expected a timely decision from the DFB.
Jahn trainer Mersad Selimbegovic had already tested positive for the corona virus on Friday.
Regensburg had then announced that the game against SC Paderborn (1-0) on the same evening was not endangered after consultation with the responsible health authorities and the German Football League (DFL).
All other members of the coaching and support staff as well as all players in the team squad had tested negative.
Regensburg justified the fact that only coach Selimbegovic went into isolation with the test results and the specifications of the DFL's protection and hygiene concept.
The 38-year-old told the Mittelbayerische Zeitung that he had no symptoms.
He could not therefore explain where he could have been infected.
Icon: The mirror
ptz / dpa