A star (Novak Djokovic), a new sport (3X3 basketball), and a bunch of French people in the water, on the road, the courts, the tracks and the tatami mats.
In short, for this first big day of competition.
we are already not going to be bored in Tokyo.
Nor in front of our television set (France Televisions and Eurosport), since it is not possible to go to Japan!
The French to follow
The Habs will be around fifty on the various sites, not to mention handball and volleyball players.
If Nikola Karabatic and his comrades should not suffer too much against Argentina (4 hours), the game promises to be more complicated for our volleyball players against the United States (3rd in Rio), who will have to start well if they want to. get to the podium.
Individually, Prithika Pavade (table tennis), Jean-Charles Valladont (archery) deserve a look.
The highlights of the day
Of course, there will be many series and qualifications, such as swimming, rowing, and tennis where you should not miss the entry.
And then there will be the one-day event, the one where you have to shine to avoid taking the plane again without the extra weight of the medal in your luggage.
The highlight of the night will be the men's cycling road race (4 hours), with the stars of the plateau (Pogacar, Roglic, Valverde, Thomas ...).
Then it will be time to watch some fencing where to go get the croissants for the rest of the family.
The time to have a third coffee, and we can see if Novak Djokovic is still so strong.
Our medal chances
In addition to cycling, where David Gaudu and Guillaume Martin can create a surprise if they have recovered from the Tour, Anaïs Michel (weightlifting), and Océanne Müller (rifle shooting) will be the best chances of medals for the Blues, as will Shirine Boukli in judo (- 48 kg).
Our TV advice
Like surfing, rock climbing, and karate, 3X3 basketball is hitting the Games circuit with great fanfare.
Spectacular, fast, without downtime, this adaptation of the traditional five against five is in tune with the times.
European champions, bronze medalists of the last Worlds, the French (only qualifying French) attack in the hard against the Americans, at 10:55 am.
# 3X3 HOUR OF GLORY!
✊🔥 # Tokyo2020 https://t.co/jEZ6okBNAO
- 3x3 FFBB (@ 3x3Ffbb) July 23, 2021
The program of the day
- Shooting (F): 10-meter air rifle final (from 3:45 am)
- Badminton: women's singles, mixed doubles (from 2h00)
- Rowing: Two coxless, Two light weight (from 3h00)
- Handball (M): France - Argentina (4h00)
- Cycling (M): road race (4h00)
- Tennis: single M and F (from 4h00)
- Weightlifting (F): final - 49kg (6h50)
- Team archery (M / F): mixed team final (9.45am)
- Judo (F): final -48 kg (10h00)
- Judo (M): final -60 kg (10h00)
- Basket 3x3 (F): United States - France (10:55) and France - Italy at 2:25 p.m.
- Fencing (H): semi and final saber (11h00)
- Fencing (F): semi and final épée (11h00)
- Swimming (M and F): start of the series (12:20)
- Volley (M): United States - France (qualifying, 2:45 p.m.)