On the menu for this Wednesday, July 28 in Tokyo, a slew of events on the water with rowing and sailing in the early morning.
In cycling, we will follow the demanding time trial at the foot of Mount Fuji.
Other medal-winning French judokas, Margaux Pinot and Axel Clerget, are to be followed on the tatami mats as well as five Blues matches in football, handball, volleyball and basketball.
Ask for the program!
The possible consecration of French rowing in the night
Three finals are to be followed around one in the morning in Tokyo Bay.
For rowing, six French women are entered on the waterways of the Sea Forest Waterway, Hélène Lefebvre and Élodie Ravera Scaramozzino for the sculls event, followed by the scours with Margaux Bailleul, Violaine Aernoudts, Marie Jacquet and Emma Lunatti.
On the men's side, Matthieu Androdias and Hugo Boucheron qualified for this last outing on a stretch of water that ultimately did not suffer the vagaries of Typhoon Nepartak.
To read alsoJO de Tokyo: the results of all French people this Tuesday, July 27
Rémi Cavagna and Juliette Labous in the saddle at the foot of Mount Fuji
On the menu of the timed circuit of the time trial around the Fuji International Speedway for our two French cyclists in the running: a fast descent followed by technical roads that will lead to an ascent of 5 km, including a last with a gradient of 6.3 %.
Heavy weather, both in terms of heat and rain, does not guarantee them the best conditions.
Juliette Labous is to be followed for the women (at 4:30 am) and Rémi Cavagna (at 7:00 am) for the men.
Clerget and Pinot to continue the judokas harvest, the tennis players aim for the quarterfinals
On the tatami mats, Axel Clerget (men -90 kg) and Margaux Pinot (women -70 kg) will seek to do as well as their flag bearer Clarisse Agbégnénou, who went to get the gold medal she was waiting for.
On the tennis courts, Jérémy Chardy will tackle his third round against the Briton Liam Broady, just like Ugo Humbert against the Greek Stefanos Tsitsipas (from 4 hours).
A shock semi-final against the United States for 3x3 basketball
The French women's quartet of the discipline newly integrated into the Games may not have expected to arrive at this stage of the competition.
But they are indeed in the semifinals, thanks to a qualification (14-16) against Japan.
This is the opportunity for them to take their revenge on the Americans who won the match (10-17) four days ago.
🏀 🇫🇷 The Bleues in 3x3 basketball qualify for a shock semi-final against the United States, after beating Japan on the wire 🇯🇵 in 1/4 (16-14) # Tokyo2020 #Olympic
Games Follow the Olympics live ▶ https://t.co/DbgV1naW1I pic.twitter.com/kCvslOhV5l
- France tv sport (@francetvsport) July 27, 2021
Les Bleus competing in football, basketball, handball and volleyball
It is Laurent Tillie's men in volleyball who will enter the track first at 7 am.
Supposed to have left in commando mode after obtaining a bronze medal in the League of Nations the day before the Olympics, the team first suffered a defeat against the Americans and then returned to success against the Tunisians, both in three sets .
Meetings against the "death group" continue with Argentina.
On the football side, the Olympic team of the Blues will try to do even better than the crazy victory (4-3) they won against South Africa, this time against the Japanese from 13:30.
A roughly similar situation for the French basketball team.
Very proud of the field last Sunday after their feat at 83-76 against the American giant, they will have to stay on the same line against the Czechs.
Start of the match 1:30 p.m.
After the handball players who were not strong enough against the Spaniards (28-25) on Tuesday, their male counterparts will meet another European opponent, Germany, for their third group match at 2:30 p.m.
Our TV advice
If you don't hang with the 3x3 basketball, don't turn off the TV at 10:30 am!
This is the final of individual equestrian dressage.
Even if France has no representative, it is always pleasant to admire the rider on his mount, in perfect communion.
Rigor and precision are part of this discipline included in the program of the Olympic Games since the 1900 edition in Paris.
The German riders will be expected after winning the team gold medal on Tuesday.
The full program (and the French engaged)
- Rowing (M / F): women's pair final at 1h10 (Hélène Lefebvre, Élodie Ravera-Scaramozzino), men's pair final at 2h30 (Matthieu Androdias, Hugo Boucheron), scull final from 2h (Margaux Bailleul, Violaine, Aernoudts, Marie Jacquet, Emma Lunatti), semi-final two of a lightweight couple at 4.40 a.m. (Claire Bove, Laura Tarantola), semi-final two without coxswain from 5.10 a.m. (Guillaume Turlan, Thibaud Turlan) .
- Badminton (M / F): women's singles, preliminary hens at 2 a.m., (Xuefei Qi), men's singles, preliminary hens at 1:40 p.m. (Brice Leverdez)
- Shooting (F): qualification at 2h (Mélanie Couzy, Carole Cormenier)
- Tennis (M): 3rd single round at 4 a.m. (Jérémy Chardy and Ugo Humbert)
- Tennis (Mixed): 1st double round at 4 a.m. (Nicolas Mahut, Kristina Mladenovic)
- Road cycling (M / F): women's individual time trial at 4.30 a.m. (Juliette Labous), men's individual time trial at 7 a.m. (Rémi Cavagna)
- Judo (M / F): 1/16 final -90 kg men at 5:05 am (Axel Clerget), 1/8 final -70 kg women at 5:44 am (Margaux Pinot)
- Sailing (M / F): Double dinghy 470 men (Kevin Peponnet, Jérémie Mion), Skiff 49er men (Émile Amoros, Lucas Rual), Windsurf RS: X men (Thomas Goyard) from 5:05, Windsurfing RS: X women at 5.15 am (Charline Picon), Double women 470 (Camille Lecointre, Aloïse Retornaz) from 7.35 am, Nacra 17 mixed multihull with foils (Manon Audinet, Quentin Delapierre) from 7.35 am, 49er FX women skiff from 7.50 a.m. (Lili Sebesi, Albane Dubois)
- Archery (H): individual from 5.45 a.m. (Thomas Chirault at 5.45 a.m., Jean-Charles Valladont at 6.37 a.m., Pierre Plihon at 11.36 a.m.)
- Canoe-Kayak Slalom (M / F): Canoe, start of women's heats from 5:50 a.m. (Marjorie Delassus), Kayak, start of men's heats at 6:50 a.m. (Boris Neveu),
- Volleyball (M): Argentina-France at 7.20 am
- Basket 3x3 (F): semi-final, United States - France at 10 a.m.
- Swimming (M / F): Heats including from 12:12 p.m., 100 m freestyle women (Charlotte Bonnet, Marie Wattel), 200 m backstroke men (Yohann Ndoye Brouard, Mewen Tomac), 200 m individual medley men (Leon Marchand ), Women's 4x200m freestyle relay from 12:12 p.m.
- Football (H): France-Japan from 1:30 p.m.
- Basketball (H): preliminary round, Czech Republic - France at 2 p.m.
- Handball (H): preliminary round, France - Germany at 2:30 p.m.