Cycling official Patrick Moster, Algerian cyclist Azzedine Lagab during the men's Olympic time trial
Sebastian Gollnow / dpa
After his racist derailment at the Olympic Games in Tokyo, sports director Patrick Moster received a written warning from the Association of German Cyclists (BDR).
As the association announced on Monday, the 54-year-old was released from his international duties "until further notice".
These measures of the presidium are connected with a corresponding reduction of the salary, it said in the message.
The functionary had made racist comments at the games in Tokyo last Wednesday in the individual time trial on the track about Azzedine Lagab from Algeria and Amanuel Ghebreigzabhier from Eritrea, who were driving in front of Nikias Arndt at the time.
The calls were captured on television and broadcast live.
Association wants to invite both drivers
In its announcement, the BDR announced that it would invite the two drivers and representatives of their associations to Germany.
The BDR will teach the world association UCI and in particular the African and other continental associations in cycling, it said.
The UCI had already temporarily suspended Moster last week.
Moster himself repeated in the BDR announcement his apology, which he had already made after the race in Tokyo.
"I still deeply regret my behavior," he was quoted as saying.
A personal apology to Lagab and Ghebreigzabhier was no longer possible, as both were already leaving.
"I made up for this on my return," he said.
Lagab had told SPIEGEL last Thursday that at the time he had not received a personal message or apology, neither from Moster nor from the German team.
Moster was only sent back to Germany by the German Olympic Sports Confederation (DOSB) one day after the incident.
The BDR condemned Moster's statements again.
At the same time, however, he pointed out that he has so far not been in debt in this direction and, for example, is committed to integrating asylum seekers into the cycling league.
ngo / dpa / sid