Simon Zachenhuber is boxing in the ballroom this time.
Reisen / Vienna - In a somewhat unfamiliar environment, Simon Zachenhuber will step into the ring tomorrow, Saturday.
Dinner boxes are the order of the day in the ballroom of the Hotel Intercontinental in Vienna.
Eight fights will be held in front of 200 spectators, including the professional boxer from Reisener in the super middleweight division against the Czech Jakub Balnik.
The event starts at 7 p.m., ORF Sport + broadcasts live.
And the next fight of the 23-year-old Zachenhuber is already in sight.
"I'm in good shape, I'm looking forward to the fight," says Zachenhuber. Usually he prepares in Stuttgart with trainer Conny Mittermeier, last week he was on a short visit to Munich. A tough sparring session was the order of the day in Leo's Box Gym at Levent Cukur. Aron Bessmel, Ismail Airod and the Erdinger Uwel Hernandez were his opponents. “I did a total of ten rounds of sparring against the three guys in alternation,” says the 23-year-old. "That was really tough, but it was fun."
His opponent Jakub Balnik is better known in the MMA scene.
"He has completed a lot of professional fights and is well trained," says Zachenhuber.
He is looking forward to a “really cool event”, even if this time he has to do without his fans - “my Erdinger Ultras” - as only 200 spectators can fit into the hall.
“But maybe a car will drive from Erding to Vienna after all,” he says with a smile.
Eight fights are on the program, four amateur and four professional fights.
“Unfortunately, this time I only do six laps instead of eight,” the traveler regrets.
But Zachenhuber is not only looking forward to the fight, but also to the city.
"I've never been to Vienna and heard that it should be very nice," says the 23-year-old.
"I hope I have the opportunity to see something of the city on the weekend."
None of his colleagues from the RTL dance show “Let's Dance” will be at the ring this time, “but next time one or the other will definitely be there,” promises Zachenhuber. The traveler’s next appearance in the ring has already been scheduled for Friday, October 15th. "I am fighting in Pforzheim, it will be another bigger event with around 2000 people," announced Zachehnhuber and then hoping for many fans from home again. “Maybe we can do an advance sale at KBV, and maybe a bus will go together one day,” the 23-year-old hopes.
For now, however, he is fully focused on tomorrow, Saturday, and Jakub Balnik, who is eleven years older than him. The fact that the experienced Czech is an experienced MMA fighter and was or still is very successful there doesn't bother Simon Zachenhuber, because "we are in boxing and not in MMA - and that is my specialty".