Infused, in hospital, but fists raised.
The match is not over but this half is going well.
Sunday, September 19, Football legend Pelé took the stage on his Instagram account, to reassure his fans and celebrate the fact that he feels “a little better every day” after a brief return to intensive care on Friday.
“Good humor is the best medicine and I have a lot of it.
It couldn't be different, ”said the 80-year-old former Brazilian player.
In the photo accompanying this message, Pelé is seated in an armchair, and looks like a boxer with joy, at the Albert-Einstein hospital in Sao Paulo.
His condition is "stable," said the establishment.
Classic during convalescence
The former footballer, three-time World Cup winner with Brazil (1958, 1962, 1970), had been operated on September 4 for a "suspicious" tumor in the colon discovered during routine examinations.
"I have received so much kindness that I have a heart full of gratitude," added the legendary striker to thank his many fans who have expressed their concerns about him.
Pelé remained in intensive care until September 14, before being transferred to a normal room, but made a brief return to an intensive care unit on Friday "as a preventive measure" because of a small "respiratory instability" .
“This is the normal recovery scenario for a man his age.
Sometimes after an operation like this you take two steps forward, one step back.
Yesterday he was tired and he took a step back.
Today, he has taken two steps forward, ”wrote Kely Nascimento, his daughter, on the announcement of her father's return to hospital.
The health of the one many consider the greatest footballer of all time has been fragile in recent years, with several hospitalizations. The last dates back to April 2019, in Paris, due to a severe urinary tract infection. Back in Brazil, he had a kidney stone removed.