First away win in a playoff derby since 1987: Hapoel Tel Aviv's records
The previous time the Reds won the series in the arena, a comparison of Galil's achievement from 1993 and how close they were to the record victory over the Yellows in an away game
Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 10:55 p.m.
Share on Facebook
Share on WhatsApp
Share on Twitter
Share on Email
Share on general
Maccabi Tel Aviv fans arrived at the stadium tonight (Wednesday) in anticipation of celebrating the completion of a sweep in the derby and advancing to the playoff semifinals, but Hapoel Tel Aviv had other plans.
Despite a 2-0 deficit, a loss from James Young and a neck injury from Jacoben Brown who was rushed to hospital in the half, the Reds stunned with an impressive 75:93 victory starring Bar Timor and shrank to 2-1 in the series.
The fourth game will be played at Drive-In on Sunday (21:00).
More on Walla!
Free on the bar: Timur led Hapoel Tel Aviv to 93:75 in the derby
To the full article
Celebrate behind the net.
Hapoel Tel Aviv fans (Photo: Udi Citiat)
* This is Hapoel Tel Aviv's first away win in a playoff derby since March 1987, so it did so with 76:77 at the start of the final series, but lost the next two games and saw the Yellows celebrate a championship.
* Hapoel Tel Aviv's record victory in an away game in a derby was in March 1988, when it defeated Maccabi 72:92.
She lacked two points to equal the achievement.
* Since the first series between them in the best of five games method, the final in 1992 which was decided only in the fifth game, the teams competed six more times in the series in this method - Hapoel Tel Aviv lost all games.
Tonight this sequence came to an end.
* Hapoel Tel Aviv also became the first since Hapoel Galil Elyon in 1993 to beat Maccabi Tel Aviv four times that season.
Remember, she did it three times during the regular season.
* Bar Timor already broke the record of his career in the third quarter.
The previous record stood at 23 points, the new record: 26 points.
Hapoel Tel Aviv Basketball
Maccabi Tel Aviv in basketball