Danny Avdia in a shooting competition at Washington practice (from Twitter)
Danny Avdia did provide a great performance against Milwaukee, but lately the Israeli of Washington has been losing ground in the best league in the world.
Tonight (between Wednesday and Thursday) Avdia provided only 2 points in the 122:120 loss to Atlanta, and in his last seven games, only once scored more than 8 points.
Still, the Israeli played his 200th game in the best league in the world tonight - not a bad milestone in itself, and it's time for an interim summary.
Let's hope for even better numbers next season.
Avdia (Photo: Reuters)
* Career averages: 8 points (42.9 percent from the field, 30.9 percent from 3, 74.4 percent from the free), 5.5 rebounds, 1.9 assists, 0.7 steals and 0.4 blocks per game, in 24.5 minutes per night.
* In 74 games he started in the starting five, in 126 he came off the bench.
* However, his averages are almost the same whether he started in the five or came off the bench: 8 points, 5.6 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game as a five player, and 8 points, 5.3 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game off the bench.
* Avdia spent 70 percent of his minutes in the small forward position.
24 percent of the minutes came from the power forward position, and 6 percent from the shooting guard position.
* Career high in points: 25 (10 of 12 from the field) in a win over San Antonio on January 30 of this year, even though he came off the bench.
He also added 9 rebounds in that great game.
* Career high in rebounds: 20, in a win over Chicago on January 11 this year.
* Career high in assists: 10, in a loss at Miami on Nov. 23, 2020. In the same game, was one rebound away from his first career triple-double (he also had 12 points).
More in Walla!
Pietro celebrates a round birthday and you enjoy a once-in-60-years sale
In collaboration with Pitro
Most of career as a small forward.
Avdia (Photo: GettyImages, David Berding)
More in the NBA
Report: Durant may miss the start of the playoffs.
Watch the moment of the injury
Watch VanVleet's rare attack on the refereeing: "Fucking terrible and terrible" Chicago's
surprise in Denver, worrisome injuries to Durant and Doncic
Porzingis' 43 points were not enough for Washington, only 2 for Avdia
* Avdia has recorded 13 double-doubles so far in the best league in the world - 8 of them came this season.
* He received four technical fouls in the NBA - three came last season.
This season he has one.
He has not yet been removed from the game.
* In the 2021/22 season there was one of only five games shared in all 82 games.
* Statistically, his favorite month is December, during which he scores 8.9 points.
In October it stands at only 4.8 points.
* Wednesday is his favorite day of the week - he scores more points (9.1) and more rebounds (6.2) than any other day of the week.
* In wins, Avdia is averaging career averages of 8.3 points (45 percent from the field, 34 percent from 3, 76 percent from the free), 6.1 rebounds and 1.8 assists, compared to 7.7 points (40 percent from the field, 28 percent from 3, 72 percent from the free ), 4.9 rebounds and 2 assists per game in losses.
* Unsurprisingly, Avdia plays a little better at home (8.1 points, 5.8 rebounds and 2 assists per game) than away (7.7, 5.1 rebounds and 1.8 assists).
Similar differences can be found in favor of meetings against opponents from the West, compared to opponents from the East.
Let him play on Wednesdays.
Avdia (Photo: GettyImages, Julio Aguilar)
* So who is his favorite opponent?
San Antonio, against whom he scored a career high - against the Spurs, he scores 13.7 points per game.
He also averaged double-digit points against Dallas (11.4 points), Sacramento (10.5), Milwaukee (10.1) and Memphis (10).
* Portland, on the other hand, he really doesn't like to meet, with 4.2 points per game, on 32 percent of the field.
He doesn't go well against Philly either, with 4.8 points per game.
* Scored 20 or more points in six games throughout his career.
* Scored 10 or more points in 72 games.
* In only four games did he make four or more three-pointers.
* On the other hand, in 79 games he did not score a single three-pointer.
* Avdia scored 22 times this season - in his first two seasons, jointly, scored 18 times.
Doesn't get along with Portland and Philadelphia.
Avdia (Photo: GettyImages, G Fiume)
* In his rookie season, threw from an average distance of 5.05 meters from the hoop.
In his second season from a distance of 4.3 meters, and in the current one, from a distance of 4.0 meters.
* Correspondingly, in his rookie season, 53 percent of his total shots from the field came from beyond the arc.
This season it dropped to 40 percent, compared to 59 percent of his total shots from the field, which were for 2 points.
* In his debut, on December 23, 2020, he started in the top five, got 27 minutes and responded with 7 points, 4 rebounds and an assist in a loss to Philadelphia.