Tikteknu: clip summarizing today's events in sports, 30.3 (Sport1)
After publishing the ranking of the top earners in the French league and the Premier League, the French "Laquip" went on to publish the coaches with the highest salaries in European football, with Diego Simeone, coach of Atlético Madrid, on top of them all, with an unprecedented salary of 29.8 million pounds per season.
The Argentinian coach, who joined the Colchoneros in December 2011, has so far made 616 appearances on the lines in Madrid, when his contract expires in the summer of 2024. Right behind him at the top of the ranking is Pep Guardiola, coach of Manchester City, with an annual salary of £19.7 million.
In third place is Pep's rival, Jurgen Klopp, who earns 15.7 million pounds at Liverpool in his new contract he signed last summer. Graham Potter, Thomas Tuchel's replacement who earns 10.5 million pounds at Bayern Munich and is in sixth place, received a significant upgrade from Brighton, and is now He pocketed £11.9 million at the Blues.
More in world football
Report in Argentina: Gonzalo Montiel was accused of rape Mbappe
earns almost twice as much as Neymar and Messi, Ramos received a huge offer
on chicken's knees: this is how Tottenham will have difficulty reducing gaps from the top teams
Simona (Photo: GettyImages)
The full ranking of the coaches' salaries:
1. Diego Simeone (Atletico Madrid) - £29.8 million per season.
2. Pep Guardiola (Manchester City) - £19.7 million per season.
3. Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool) - £15.7 million per season.
4. Graham Potter (Chelsea) - £11.9 million per season.
5. Maximiliano Allegri (Juventus) - £11.2 million per season.
6. Thomas Tuchel (Bayern Munich) - £10.5 million per season.
7. Carlo Ancelotti (Real Madrid) - £9.5 million per season.
8. Simona Inzaghi (Inter Milan) - £8.7 million per season.
9. Jose Mourinho (Roma) - £8.1 million per season.
10. Xavi Alonso (Bayer Leverkusen) - £4.3 million per season.
11. Niko Kovac (Wolfsburg) - £3.5 million per season.
12. Xavi (Barcelona) - £3.3 million per season.
Will he get an upgrade in the new contract?
Tan Haah (Photo: Reuters)
Notable absentees from the top 12 earners in football coaches today are Manchester United's Eric Ten Haag and Paris Saint-Germain's Christopher Galtier - one of the biggest players' salary spenders.